“Nice Place”

Ranked #9 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Haverhill, MA
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

For our anniversary my husband surprised me with a trip ou tto Vegas. I knew nothing i didnt even pack...This selection was great the hotel was nice and modern and the princess suite was amazing! However, the front desk people were very rude and did not want to be bothered if we had an issue. I did not care for them. The vallet staff were so helpful and curteous. I would stay here again but please change the front desk staff!!
The view from my room was amazing and the hot tub in the room was heaven!
This is a non casino hotel and we appreciated that as this was a romantic getaway.
The pool was great and the bar lets just say best daquiri I have ever had!

Room Tip: Definalty go all out and get the princess suite all amenities needed inside room. Great deck too!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jillianne C
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel as a whole. I apologize if you felt that our front desk was rude. If you read our reviews you can see that all our staff are usually highly praised. I'm sorry your experience was not up to our usual high standards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I've stayed at many hotels before but ever since I was recommended by one of my partners who works at RCA Records to stay at this hotel back in 2010, I've been loyal ever since & every time I come back to Vegas, I always stay at The Platinum. From the valet, staff, management, huge rooms, beautiful pool and only a block away from the strip, it feels that this hotel is really underrated with all the great things this hotel has to offer. They put the customer first and I see and receive that every time I come. Overall, they are a 5 star hotel in my book and I recommend this hotel if your on a business trip or for couples, families, friends or by yourself. This place is AMAZING!

Best,
Ricky Tan,
Moe-Tan Records

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ricky T
Thank you Ricky for that fantastic review. We love our happy and loyal guests and hope that we continue to see you coming back over and over. We truly appreciate your business and you sharing all your great comments for others to read.
Daejeon, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Platinum Hotel is a wonderful retreat from the crowds, noise, smoke and prices of the hotels on the Strip. The amenities and size, 910 sq. ft., of our room (Solitare Suite) provide are a fantastic deal when compared to other hotels in the same price range. Moreover, the smaller size of the hotel lends itself to friendly, attentive service from the entire staff. I was especially impressed when I was greeted by the staff whenever entering/exiting an elevator. Even on a weekend where the heat soared over 100 degrees, I never had a problem finding a spot by the rooftop pool or receiving poolside service. Minor suggestion: being more aggressive removing unused towels from chairs/cabanas. Nevertheless, the Platinum is my first choice for a hotel when returning to Vegas.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
We are thrilled you were able to enjoy all the things that set us apart from other hotels in Las Vegas. We will definitely address your comment as we take all our guests comments very seriously.
Tracy, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

My overall experience was great however, upon arrival the bell desk loaded my bags but after waiting 20 min for my bags to arrive at my room, I had to go down and retrieve them myself. While at the front desk I learned that they were running a special on the rooms for $89 a night. Of course I learned this after I had booked and paid for my room 2 months prior at $123 a night.
On a GOOD note. The Director of room services, Derek Morrison made up for the uncomfortable arrival experience by placing a $50 credit on my bill and sincerely apologizing for the experience. I also noticed how he went out of his way to show customer care for other Guest as well. 5 stars for Mr. Derek Morrison!
The food was great and the rooms were awesome....will I stay again...absolutely yes!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Derrick C
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy we were able to turn around what might have been a not so stellar stay.
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Best place to stay if you want that quiet home away from home experience! Way better than the typical hotel room feel. Great place to relax and staff is always ready to accomodate in any way possible to make your experience all that you need! Fantastic for family, business or just a quiet night away for a quick layover. The full kitchen and family room with flat screen and fire place feels just like home! Having a balcony in all the rooms allows for that extension of great views and fresh air! Non smoking, so a nice break from all the casino odors! Have stayed many times now with never a bad stay! Always my first choice when staying in Vegas! Food is great and the happy hour very generous from 4pm to 8pm. Great Drinks! Food! and atmosphere!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg S
Thank you for your excellent review. We are pleased that we have been able to consistently give you that home away from home feeling.