“Cheap decent great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #187 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Cheap decent great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Im probably not their target market, a 31 year old female (i expected a place my dad would go with his motorcycle friends) but I gotta say for $30 a night, I was pleasantly surprised. It's a casino so it smells casino-y but the check in guy was fast and pleasant, the valet guys are fast and pleasant, room was clean and ready at noon (girls weekend, we arrived early.) I also expected in your face Hooters and nope, it wasnt like that, very tame. The complimentary breakfast at mad onion is awesome too. Im a vegetarian and ordered it no meat and without me even asking for them to do so they subbed a fruit plate. We all felt bad that everything was so cheap! Directly across from MGM too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Desiree1234
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I would like to thank Front Desk Supervisor, Noe Monarrez for listening and understanding my situation during an unscheduled extra night stay in Vegas. I missed my flight because of an airport screening incident regarding my bottle of Crown Royal. I was detained by TSA and Las Vegas Police for having my Crown in my carry-on. After explaining why she was with me, I kissed her goodbye, missed my flight and needed a place to stay for a flight out the next day. An employee of Ellis Island Casino recommended Hooters for their price and location. Upon arriving, I was treated professionally by Mr. Monarrez. He was flexible with my room deposit that allowed me to stay at H00TERS. The hotel rate was surprisingly reasonable for it's location and proximity to the Strip. The newly remodeled rooms were just what I needed for a restful sleep. The staff I made contact with were friendly, courteous and fun, I will highly recommend Hooters Casino Hotel to my family, friends and business clients and look forward to my return visit.

Best Regards and see you again soon, <I:-)

Mr. Crown Royal Steven Sanchez

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MrCrownRoyalSteve
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Hooters Casino looks exactly like a Hooters restaurant inside. Decor is "delightfully tacky yet unrefined", and feels a bit like a beachfront motel.

Rooms and bathrooms are clean enough. For $40 including tax (weeknight), what do you expect? Don't expect a shiny new hotel or casino, everything looks like it was from the 70s.

Check-in and check-out take way too long, and the parking elevator looks like an elevator from one of those horror movies where you're in a low-rent NYC apartment building elevator.

Plus: It's relatively close to the strip, maybe a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I went to Vegas on business and looked for an inexpensive hotel near the strip and monorail and found Hooters to be a great price. The hotel is small but included a casino, sports bar, Hooters restaurant and the Mad Onion Restaurant.

We arrived at 1pm but wasn't allowed to check in until 4pm so we had to go entertain ourselves for a few hours and change our clothes in the bathroom which was a little annoying.

We ate at the Mad Onion and the food was plentiful and average. A side or ranch was an extra $1.
Hooters restaurant food was good and the wait was long. But it was Valentines weekend so I don't know if that is why the wait was longer.

The room was average and fairly clean. Pretty basic, 2 beds and a TV. You do get free internet in your room which was a bonus. We called for 2 extra blankets and they were quickly brought upstairs.

We were on the 10th floor and there were some very loud partiers one night that kept us up late, but the fault of the hotel.

We walked across the street to the MGM and were able to catch the Monorail so that was a plus.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

It's not MGM Grand, it's Hooters. Room was better than Motel 6, it's clean. There are some rough edges, but booking online- it was a cheap place to stay. Lots of fun- close to New York-New York and MGM.

Room Tip: Check online prices for good deals..