“Nice Clean Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fairfax, VA
“Nice Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. The large suite was really awesome. Room was spotless, staff helpful. All the normal stuff receives top marks. I also appreciated the 24 hour snack shop in the lobby.

I do have a couple issues that should be addressed:
First, the nice flatscreen HDTVs do not receive any HD or digital signals.
Second, the in-room condensor washer / dryer combo was incapable of getting my jeans dry. I had to carry them to a normal style dryer on a different floor. The normal dryer accomplished in 15 minutes, what the in-room dryer failed to do in many hours. Maybe it was an issue with the particular unit. If management's reading this, my room was 3202.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for five nights beginning Sunday, April 8th. We had a 1 bedroom unit on the 16th floor. Room was nicely furnished and kept very clean. We were surprised to have daily maid service. As this is basically a timeshare establishment we were not expecting this.

This establishment is right across the street from the Miracle Mile Shopping mall and the Planet Hollywood hotel/casino. Also very close to the Bellagio.

Staff was very friendly and helpful in answering questions. We were far enough off the strip to not be bothered by noise but very close to many sites and walking around was not difficult.

Final positive comment is the fact that we were not bothered at all by folks tryng to sell us a timeshare week. A representative had called me about a week before our trip to invite us to a presentation, we did not respond to the message and were not approached at all once we checked in. Applauds for this!

The only real negative comment I have is the size of the pool. This timeshare/hotel is 36 stories and the pool area is very small. Our first day we tried to get some sun and by 10:30 all chairs were already taken. We saw many people arrive only to turn around and leave due to lack of seating.

Given the opportunity to return to Vegas we would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views but how much time do you spend in the room?
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WeLuv2Travel2Beach
Washington, DC
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I don't think I've been more pleasantly surprised by a hotel...ever. I was staying in Las Vegas for only one night and was disappointed not to be staying in a casino on the strip. I expected this Marriott to be like every other Marriott - regular size room, nothing amazing. My first realization that this property was different (and better!) was when I pulled up to it in the car. It's a four or five minute walk to the strip - right at the intersection with the Bellagio, Paris and the Cosmopolitan. They also have complimentary valet parking, which was a very nice touch. I ended up in one of the villas, which was HUGE. Not sure on the exact square footage, but it was probably around 900 square feet - much larger than my last condo. The room had EVERYTHING you could want: a full kitchen with all the appliances, dishes, glasses, silverware, cutting knives, etc; a bathroom with a double-headed shower; a jacuzzi in the bedroom; a dining area; and a living area. I really enjoyed the fact that this hotel was quiet. After going to all the loud and smoky casinos, I think it would have been exhausting staying there. I didn't have the chance to use the gym or the pool on my short trip. If I come back to Vegas, I wouldn't think twice about staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up facing the strip.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kylin M
CORVALLIS
Reviewed 15 April 2012

A short walk down Harmon, and we were in the middle of The Strip which extended roughly the same distance to the north and to the south. We did one day doing the south, and another doing the north. And, of course, Planet Hollywood and The Miracle Mile are just accross Harmon. Lots to do, see, shop, and eat there. We especially, enjoyed the food at P F Chang's.

Were found the staff at the Chateau to be very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful, especially the at the concierge desk. The unit was well appointed (an update for a previous review: both TV's were flat-screen, LED sets).

We used taxis only to get to and from the airport. Note: expect a long delay in getting a taxi at the airport. The line snakes back and forth like the most popular attractions and Disneyland! We used the free Marriott shuttle to go grocery shopping one day; another day we used the shuttle to the Fashion Mall to get to the north end of the strip, and then, worked our way back to the Grand Chateau. Ask about the free trams that can be used to hop between some of the resorts on the west side of the strip. Not only can you rest your feet, but you can avoid the crowds and hastle down on the sidewalks of The Strip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAC P
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed at the Grand Chateau over our kids' spring break (April 7 - 13, 2012), and we had a wonderful time. The reviews about the size of the pool being too small were right on, but knowing this going in to the reservation made it easy to handle. I look forward to the day they finish the other two towers and create a swimming pool to match the top-notch quality of the rest of the resort. The location was perfect, just off the strip, and right in the middle of everything. Right across the street was the Miracle Mile Mall, with affordable shopping, dining, and theatres. Plus, there is a stop for the Open Top Bus Tour - which we highly recommend - located right near the Mall doors. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. The full kitchen had everything you'd want to cook in; however, it's my vacation too, so I don't cook. LOVED the coffee, the Marketplace, and the beds. Very convenient to everything. Would definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: Corner Suite was large, had plenty of windows and offered a great view of the strip. Awesome!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family