New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Got a photo?
Add it.
Wedding Chapel at the Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino
A TripAdvisor Member
“My Rio Wedding Chapel Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2006

The Rio is a great Casino. I have been gambling there since it opened. So, when I planned my wedding in Las Vegas it was a natural for me to pick the Rio.
That ofcourse was a mistake.
Rio is good at the gambling business. But the wedding chapel is run by a bunch of rank amateurs, that strive hard to ruin your once in lifetime event.
I contracted with the Rio Wedding Chapel to arrange for Video and Photography at my wedding.
First they agreed on an arrangement of splitting time for the photographers between the Wedding in the morning and the Reception in the evening. When I was actually going through the wedding they called and told me that the time could not be split and I would have to pay $2200 more for the reception instead of the going rate of $850 because this was a last minute arrangement.
With the gun to my head I agreed. They actually charged $2400.
Second they agreed to have the Cameramen call me a day before the wedding to arrange the shoot. No one called. On the day of the wedding, the photographers came and stood around downstairs and went to the Church in a Limo that was taking my wife and her parents there. We had to call them and have them return to the Rio to take the pictures of the rest of the family. This delayed the wedding by 2 hours and I had to pay the Church $500 extra. The Rio did not reimburse the time lost this way, even though it was their mistake that the photographers did not know where to be.
Third, the photographers were not experienced in taking wedding pictures and there are no post-wedding pictures of my wife and me together.
The Rio sent even worse photographers for the reception.
The reception photographers were rank amateurs. They did not know how to operate the cameras and their flash did not go off over 50% of the time. If we had not asked them to repeat the pictures, no pictures would have been good. Even so less than half the pictures they took came out. The important ones did not. Neither did a lot of the family pictures. The ones that did show are underexposed and out of focus or both.
Again, there are no pictures of just my wife and me together.
The Rio Wedding Chapel charged me $4994 for this service. I only have a few pictures to show for it.
They gave me no video. The cameraman told me at the end of each shoot that it would be 6-8 weeks to deliver the video. No explanation was provided. I am not sure why.
Nowhere in the contract the Rio Wedding Chapel says that the video takes 6-8 weeks to deliver.
Do business with the Rio Wedding Chapel at your own risk.
I would avoid them. There are many better places in Las Vegas.
People that I dealt with at Rio Wedding Chapel: Kimberly Peete & Sarah Martini-Ricci
Avoid them like the plague. All they want is your money. They have no concept of weddings or service.
They will ruin your experience.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“My Experince Using Rio Wedding Chapel Photographers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2006

That ofcourse was a mistake.
With the gun to my head I agreed. They actually charged $2400.
The Rio sent even worse photographers for the reception.
Again, there are no pictures of just my wife and me together.
Do business with the Rio Wedding Chapel at your own risk.
I would avoid them. There are many better places in Las Vegas.
They will ruin your experience.

11 Thank darsaini