“Girl's weekend”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Never, in my life, have I stayed in a more beautifully appointed and furnished room. Every detail, down to the toiletry bottles being 'pop top' as opposed to 'screw top,' was incredibly well thought-out and delivered.
Here are some of my favorite aspects of the hotel:
*Our room was 640 square feet. That's larger than my apartment in NYC!
*Our bathroom contained a separate tub and shower, plus 2 sinks!
*Lights and curtains were powered electronically, via a digital screen on the wall.
*Unlike other hotels - especially other hotels in the immediate vicinity - every employee knew where each restaurant/shop/nightclub/pool was located on the property. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly.
*I never felt like I was at a Sandals resort or aboard a Carnival Cruise ship (while at the hotel): You can use your imagination/make your own assessment of what I'm talking about...
*The shops, while completely outrageous and extravagant, were fun to browse in and window-shop.

I would absolutely recommend this property and cannot wait to return, myself.

Room Tip: Ask for a "golf course view." This guarantees scenic greenery and a great view of the poo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsay F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

A can't miss property for business meetings, leisure, gambling or whatever your heart desires since "it is Vegas, Baby". The hotel is large and you need to factor that into your experience but the service in all of the bars and restaurants is very good. The food quality is excellent and although not the cheapest around it is still a good value.

Just do it, it is worth it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed Saturday to Wednesday. Everything was clean and well maintained. Room was perfect and had a great view of the strip (29th floor).

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Just returned from 3 fabulous night at Wynn. This was a mother / daughter trip. The main purpose of the trip was to take my mom to see Celine ( I am NOT a fan but have to say surprisingly I loved the show). My mom is 69 and I gave her the choice of staying at Wynn or Palazzo as I felt these would be the two nicest casino hotel options.

I was a little apprehensive about the location as I have always stayed more towards the middle of the strip. I LOVED the location. Far enough away from the craziness but close enough if you wanted to be part of it (which my mom did not). We kept referring to it as our oasis. We booked a standard room and attempted to get an upgrade (was willing to spend a little extra $$ for it) to the Tower Suites . The hotel was completely booked (it was a very busy weekend, EDC and the Pacquaio fight were going on) so we were not able to. The standard room was amazing!!! Very spacious with a comfy bed and fabulous linens. We were on the 8th floor, we had an option to be on a higher floor but was told it was over the nightclub and might be loud. We stuck with the 8th floor. I could hear the music on Saturday night but it did not prevent me from sleeping. I am a very light sleeper and always wake up during the night and I could hear it then as well but I was always able to fall back to sleep.

The pol was fantastic and the service was attentive. The lounge chairs were very comfy. The grounds around the pool were beautiful. I felt like I was at a resort and not in the middle of the Vegas strip.

We ate lunch at Terrace Point Cafe twice and it was excellent. We also had lunch at Le Cave. It was good but not as good as Terrace Point. We also did the buffet for lunch on our last day. I am not really a buffet person but thought that it was very good for a buffet. We had no plans to have dinner there but on Sunday night we had reservations for Scarpetta at Cosmopolitan. When we arrived (around 7 PM) , the hotel was filled with a ton of very intoxicated, young 20somethings. They were getting rowdy and my mom felt very uneasy about staying there. We went over to the Bellagio to try to have dinner there but it was so crowded that my mom just wanted to go back to Wynn (her oasis). We decided to have dinner at Lakeside but had to wait until 9:30 to be able to eat outside...We were so glad we waited. We had front row seats for the water shows (they occur every half hour from 9 PM - 1 AM). The food was excellent and the shows were cute. For breakfast we had almond croissants everyday from the coffe shop. They were excellent.

We did not get any spa treatments but I had heard the spa at Encore was amazing! So I had to check it out. It was gorgeous!!! I regret not getting a massage.

We loved having cocktails at Parasol Up and at the Lakefront outdoor bar. The drinks are pricey ($15) but wonderful. I think the price point keeps a lot of the riff raff out which is worth it.

I would definately stay at Wynn again. With the exception of Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental, I think anything else would be a letdown. The Palazzo next door was beautiful but I did not feel it was in the same league as Wynn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NYBeachLover
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is my 3rd stay at the Wynn - was underwhelmed during my first stay, but now with some room upgrades and what I believe is downgrading of some of the other nicer hotels -specifically Bellagio which is looking tired and Pallazo / Venetian overwhelmed by sheer size and crowds - Wynn has become my favorite.

I was here for a convention and liked the fact the conference facilites are not so huge that your group gets swalowed by other larger conventions. The facilities and staff were first rate and led to an excellent meeting for our group of nearly 1,000 folks.

Check-in was smooth, though room was not ready (I was early). They sent me a text message when it became available - so it was simple. Room was spotless and very comfortable.

Still love the casino areas especially at the Encore - alot calmer and more enjoyable than alot of the other venues.

Bottom line - still a great hotel with some great mid-week values.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the Strip if possible -may be quieter due to nightclub action on the other side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business