1,853 results
All reviews convention center off the strip the concierge lounge envy steakhouse monorail station south hall renaissance brand club level wynn golf course business hotel marriott properties non smoking non gaming hotel front desk staff small pool self parking quiet hotel
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The hotel is beautiful and first class! It's beautiful and completely smoke free! It was so nice to visit Las Vegas and not have to deal with the second hand smoke you expect in other hotels. There may only be 1 or 2 other completely non-smoking hotels in LV, and this is definitely the nicest.

Pluses: The workout center, easy garage parking connected to the property, nice lounge and restaurant, location to convention center (next door), nice rooms, non-smoking hotel, and overall beauty and modern feel.

Negatives: Long walk to other restaurants on Paradise. It was December and cold when we traveled, so you'll have to drive or take a taxi to go elsewhere on Paradise Rd. Unfortunately the walls are very thin. I was woken up twice because of people talking next door. IF the walls were thicker, this would be a 4 1/2 star property. The talking next door didn't last, but a loud room could definitely ruin someone's stay.

Room Tip: West facing has a beautiful view of Wynn and the Strip. Hope that the room next door is quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to learn our dining options, fitness center, and non-smoking atmosphere were suitable to your needs. Your positive recognition of these characteristics of our property here on TripAdvisor is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed in the Renaissance because of an internet deal. Had no idea it would be such a fun stay. The staff was wonderful and even upgraded us to a suite, just because they could. Breakfast was included and the staff of Envy was fun and friendly. The food was very good, too. It is a walk to the Strip, but there is also the monorail just a short distance away. We would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the Strip area and golf course. Night lights are fun!
1  Thank Linda55555

We appreciate you taking a few minutes to offer some feedback on your experience with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your suite upgrade! We don’t often get the chance to make magic like that happen often, but we are thrilled to learn that it made your experience that much more enjoyable.

If your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

You are greeted the moment you drive up. There is free valet as well as a doorman there to help you with anything. The check in process was fast and friendly. They ask you what you would like in a room and will place you appropriately. The pool is open 24 hours a day and is heated along with an inviting hot tub. Great for when the outside temperature is 45 degrees. The staff even tells you the temperature of the water so you aren't left guessing if you are going to take a dip or not.
Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Room service was very quick and willing to do anything to make your stay more comfortable. We wanted ice cream at about 10 PM and the front desk did everything to get it for us. We thought that there would be some in the convenience center but there wasn't so the front desk staff recommended something sweet from the onsite restaurant and actually ordered it for us.
The night valet, Rocky, was fabulous! Very friendly and quick with getting you your car.
I wish that I could remember the great front desk person that helped us endlessly, I think it is something like Saul?? Anyways, he goes above and beyond to make your entire stay there enjoyable.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. This is not your normal Vegas hotel, it is friendly, clean, quiet with staff that actually care about their guests!!!

1  Thank myopinionz

We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us and for such a great review here on TripAdvisor! How exciting to hear that we were successful in taking great care of you and making your stay with us a memorable one. We are thrilled to learn our amenities, staff and atmosphere exceeded your expectations. Your positive recognition of these characteristics of our property here on TripAdvisor is sincerely appreciated. Also, we will be sure to pass along your kind words to Rocky and Saul. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were happy with the hospitality they provided during your stay.

We truly hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel because I prefer renaissance hotels wherever I go (100+ nights at renaissance around the world per year). This was the first and only time I was not happy about a stay at this chain. The guy who processed my check in was the unfriendliness hotel staff member I have ever encountered so far. Marriott chain is usually excellent concerning upgrades of Platinum guests and therefore I asked (nicely) for an upgrade. I received some arrogant sounding statement about a construction going on outside preventing them from providing one of rooms with the better strip view due to the noise level and additionally no suites would be available at all. I had to change my room later on due to the fact that the wall to the neighboring room was so thin that you could hear everything going on in the next room (contents of phone conversation crystal clear, toilet etc.). Not really good - therefore I went back to the reception, talked to another person to change rooms. I did only see a few complaints concerning thin walls and noise in reviews and assume that this is limited to some rooms only. The lady at the reception was very nice, professional and, guess what, gave a suite with a view of the strip (no construction in sight btw). I noticed that my arrogant buddy I dealt with during check in glared at her.

I had some more issues with a $20 food credit (closed club lounge on one day) i was supposed to receive which was not applied to my bill. The issue was not visible to me during check out since they could not produce my bill due to some computer issues...I tried to resolve this issue by writing an email to one of their guest relation managers - I am still waiting for a reply after six weeks. I will not be back to this hotel - hard to believe that this is a Renaissance experience.

To close on a positive note: Nevertheless, the suite was very nice, valet parking service excellent and the fitness center was good. I used the club lounge on the second morning when it open and it was very good. The lady who changed my room was great as well and took good care fixing my problem right away.

Room Tip: Change rooms in case of noise level from neighboring room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Joerg S
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

While we are happy to hear there were aspects of your stay that were pleasant, we are disappointed to learn of the issue you experienced upon arrival and apologize that we did not respond appropriately to your request. Our goal is to ensure the highest level of customer service for our Platinum Marriott Rewards guests and in this instance we did not live up to that standard. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

Additionally, if the issue with your bill has not been resolved, please contact my office so that we may assist you in the resolution.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future and assure you a much improved experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was in Vegas as support staff for a seminar. The hotel is a wonderful place to stay, recently remodeled, close to the strip and all the amenities you would hope for a comfortable stay. The folks at the renaissance went above and beyond to make sue the event went smoothly and the staff running the event were supported through the long hours that were required. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff_Lannan

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay and event with us at the Renaissance Las Vegas. We are happy to receive reviews such as yours that recognizes not only our hotel staff, but our exceptional event management staff as well. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations in both our guest rooms and event space, so we look forward to sharing your feedback with these ambassadors. We truly appreciate you taking the time to applaud our staff in this forum.

Should you find yourself traveling to Las Vegas on leisure or planning another event, we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.