1,836 results
All reviews convention center off the strip the concierge lounge envy steakhouse monorail station renaissance brand south hall club level wynn golf course business hotel marriott properties non smoking non gaming hotel front desk staff separate tub and shower small pool quiet hotel
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Staying at this hotel which is a couple blocks off the strip and not a casino hotel, more of a business type place. Everything here is really first class with helpful people from valets to management. We quickly checked in and used the complementary valet parking for the rental car and checked into our room. The rooms are nice, but not huge however if you are a bathroom person, they are classy with a soaking tub (something I would never use) and a separate shower. Beds are comfortable. There is a refrigerator in the room but it never was cold enough to turn the mountains blue on my Coors light. The staff has been nothing but outstanding and go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

My only complaint with this hotel is that the wifi in the room doesn't work most of the time and when it does it is extremely slow. The tech people here screwed around with it and now sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It does work well in the lobby so that is where I am right now. Hey, I can put up with the bad wifi, but at $13 a day, it really ought to work better.

Finally, if you are looking for casino action, this is not the place as it is a long walk in high heat to anything on the strip. I went out this morning and walked to the strip and about died from the heat so consider this should your goal be typical Las Vegas activities. Since this is a business trip and the business is in this hotel, the location is fine with me.

Room Tip: Our room has a nice view of the parking lot but since we use it to sleep, no big deal. If you want a view, you might request that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank vbdenny
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

While we were happy to hear you were pleased with your room and our staff – we are disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced with your internet access in your guest room. We apologize for not aggressively pursuing a solution to the challenge you were facing. Our goal is to ensure a high level of customer service and in this instance we did not live up to that standard. It is through such feedback as yours, that we can address service shortfalls and improve our level of service.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Rolled into town for one night and this place was perfect. Good value, stylish, clean and away from the craziness on the strip. We had a car so we drove 5 min. and we were right at the strip, had fun then back to our place for a restful night. The monorail station is right there if you don't have a car. Overall pretty good. I'd consider going back.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of the strip are nice but can get pretty hot during the summer because they face West
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that we made such a positive impression during your brief stay in Las Vegas. We hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We are Marriott Gold members, so we are used to being treated well by Marriott. We were not offered any perks as Gold members & were told that this hotel has different criteria. Additionally we had two rooms & I had called ahead to let them know we needed the rooms to be across the hall from each other or adjacent because it is our teen kids staying next to us. I was told our rooms were not ready for a couple hours (at 2:05 pm), so we went to eat lunch while we waited at Peppermill which is always wonderful. We never did get the call to come back to our room, but it was ready when we returned about 4 pm. Check in is 3 pm I believe. She said it just got finished by housekeeping & she was too busy to call me. Then after all the wait, she said only one of the rooms was ready & the kids would be on another floor. I thought, are you nuts! I told her we must be on the same floor & in the same area. Then she said she was holding a room for someone else to check in & she would give us that room & reassign us. I don't know why she was holding another room for someone else when we were Gold members & had pre-requested adjacent rooms. We ended up with rooms about 8 rooms down the hall from each other. The service at this hotel was horrible. Upon entering our room (the adult room), we found large (18 inch) dark stains on the loose carpet, etc. The carpet was in very bad shape & I thought I was in a "shady" motel 6 or something. We had to keep the room of course because they had a conference going on. Next, we looked at the pool area that looked so great on their website. It is TINY! The pool is way too small for a convention hotel of this size. We didn't even go down to use it because there were kids throwing balls around & the pool was too small to have any peace there. It has some nice lounges around it in a rectangle if you want to just rest up. There was one spa out there as well I believe. We did go down in the evening and get a light dinner by ordering at the bar & the bartender was very nice. We had the chicken wings for my son & husband (2 orders), a club sandwich & fries my daughter & I split. The food was pretty good. We had breakfast in the restaurant & I had oatmeal, and the rest had bagels. This is a good option for families trying to save money when dining at Marriott restaurants. Bagels & cream cheese are usually $3.00, sometimes $4.00. I really wished I had booked another hotel because of the shoddy room & service, and I would not stay there again. The parking by the way is free & convenient, when you pull in, you just continue forward and there is a garage on the right & you don't need a room key or anything. To leave the hotel & bypass the garage, go straight & continue right going around the exterior of the parking garage & right again & you are back on Paradise again. We just stayed one night as we had reservations at other hotels for the rest of the week. See JW Marriott, Summerlin, NV for a wonderful option with a Casino onsite. The current Marriott beds are hard & I don't like them, but better than sagging I guess. They should go back to adding the pillow toppers to the mattresses.

Room Tip: Ask when the hotel will be refurbished
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MOTHERLOAD

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate feedback such as yours as it provides us with the opportunity to make improvements in service.

We were pleased to hear that there were aspects of your stay that met your expectations; however we are concerned to learn of the disappointments you experienced. We take pride in providing a pleasant atmosphere, with upscale and immaculate rooms combined with food & beverage options that exceed expectations for our Marriott Rewards members. We apologize that we fell short our mutual expectations in a few areas during your stay.

We hope that you might give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in us in your future visits to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I don't even know where to begin with this hotel. We went to Vegas for our honey moon but did not want to stay directly on the busy strip. I was assuming that this Renaissance was going to be amazing like the rest that I have stayed in in the past around the country but that was not the case.
Behind the check in desk there is a light up blue wall with squares on it with some missing, good first impression right? When we got to our floor the exit sign had fallen off and was on the ground. Great second impression. When we got to our room there were stains on the walls in the bathroom, and dents in the furniture, and long black hair in the bed sheets. This is a renaissance for crying out loud, not a Fairfield Inn!!!
That night we decided to kill some time by watching TV, but much to our surprise the TV wasnt working, I called down to the front desk and at least asked them to provide us with internet while the TV was down (internet is 12.95 for 24 hours) The pool was nice to read by which we did for a bit. That night I had a gift card I needed to print out for our dinner and what do you know, now the internet isn't working. I had to go the the FedEx store down the street, 4 dollars later I got my gift card.
I have to say, I have stayed in MANY Marriott Hotels in my lifetime but this is one I would not mind going to ever again. There are plenty in Vegas to stay at and next time we definitely will.

Room Tip: West side has the best Strip view but beware of the traffic noise below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Petey25

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate feedback such as yours as it provides us with the opportunity to make improvements in service. We were extremely disappointed to learn of the engineering and housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. We understand the importance of cleanliness and functionality; however, the scenarios you experienced are not indicative of our mutual standards. We take pride in our ability to deliver a memorable guest experience, but clearly missed in the mark in these instances. In your case, we simply did not meet this goal and we have addressed your specific concerns within our Rooms Division.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay of you're in town for something else, but not a destination hotel. Thereis no gaming and it's not really close to anything but the convention center.
The fitness center was great, lots of parking, and the view of the strip from our room was beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that there were so many aspects of our property that you enjoyed during your stay. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.