“Showy - Prime Rib”

Lawry's The Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
Lawry's The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 4,948 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 55
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: Lawry's is located 1/4 mile East of Las Vegas Blvd. at the intersection of Flamingo and Howard Hughes Parkway. There are no public transit stops accessible from Las Vegas Blvd, however there are many hotels that have shuttles and taxi cabs available.
Description: Lawry's The Prime Rib invites you to a lavish dinner experience found nowhere else on or off the strip. Enjoy the beautiful Art Deco design, exceptional service and unique menu featuring our famous Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef carved tableside from gleaming silver carts. At Lawry's in Vegas, rich traditions, warm hospitality and award-winning food make for a sure bet.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Kitsch filled restaurant, with waitresses that "spin" your salad. Multiple cuts available, quite good. Sides include Yorkshire Pudding and Mashed Potatoes.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This is a must. If you like salad prime rib fresh corn and mashed potatoes you need to give this place a whirl. They also make their own potato chips every day from scratch. Make a reservation it's always busy enjoy your meal

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I bet this won't be posted. My husband and I went to Vegas for my 60th birthday. When we saw the restaurant in one of the magazines in our hotel room, I was delighted. I love prime rib! We ordered the large cut. One medium & one medium rare. When we got our steak, we looked at each other in disbelief. The "prime rib" was raw and only about 1/2 inch thick. The meat was cold, & had very large, tough veins running through it. It was GROSS! This was the absolute worst prime rib I've ever had; and I've had many in my 60 years. Avoid this place!

1  Thank gennaugibbs
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I'm not a big fan of highly seasoned cuts of meat that should taste good without it. This particular location is a really a visual treat. The interior is elegant but simple. Overall it is a comfortable place to dine. They seem to attract large parties and I did feel like once we were served we were ignored. Lawrys prime rib is tender and juicy but without a lot of flavor on it's own. When served with mashed potatoes and gravy on the same plate the gravy mixes with the meats juices and washes out their flavor. In 50 + years I've had very few cuts of prime rib that were flavorful on their own and this isn't one of them. It was my Wifes choice and she too was not impressed.

On the plus side. I had the 14 oz Ribeye and in spite of the extra seasoning the steak was able to stand out as a well cooked and tasty dish. I brought the leftovers home and when warming it up the seasoning did overwhelm the steaks taste. I trimmed the leftovers so that all I was eating was the center portion. It was delicious.

If you like seasoned cuts of meat (other than salt and pepper) then you may enjoy Lawrys. If I go again I will ask them to cook the Ribeye without any seasoning other than salt and pepper.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Every time I come to Vegas, this is my go to Restaurant! I love it and it never disappoints. If you love Prime Rib, you have to check this place out. The restaurant is gorgeous, it's like stepping into Old Hollywood/Vegas glamorous building. Food and service is excellent! Love Lawrys!!!