“Just "ok"”

Neighbourhood: The Strip
Blackpool, UK
“Just "ok"”
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We popped over from the Mirage on the tram to try and catch the pirate show and intended to go back to Calafornia Pizza Kitchen for dinner. The pirate show was cancelled due to high winds so we were found ourselves wandering around TI. We walked past Francesco's and it looked very inviting. As we fancied a pizza it seemed ideal.
First impressions were good. Very friendly staff who gave us a lovely table and the restaurant looked very nice. The wine we got was very nice and quite reasonably priced for Vegas!!

Starters were pretty good. My hubby had the Calamari and I had the Risotto balls. Then came the pizzas!! I was expecting an authentic Italian pizza the size of a normal dinner plate. Instead 2 giant pizzas arrived on silver stands that were just daunting to be honest.
You could have fed 4 people with one of these pizzas. They didnt even taste very nice either. Instead of italian style they were thick and stodgy and after 2 pieces I had had enough. I don't ike to see waste so was quite upset to see the amount of food left over but we couldnt have managed another bite.

So overall i would say..nice place, nice atmosphere, shame about the pizza!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Preston - Lancs
“Yuk....avoid this place”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

We stayed and TI for one week and tried this place....mistake. It was horrible. The calimari to start was ok but the coating was salty and the inside was chewy. the main were the worst meal ever. we all got the same of the shrimp scampi. The mash was grey and looked disgussting...who has grey mash? the shrimp scampi was just....shrimps on a plate with grey mash and a couple of veg. we didnt eat any of it it was disscusting. we didnt have desserts. the bill was over $200.00. We noticed that many of the other tables were eating pizza and maybe they were fine but avoid any dish that comes with grey mash. If you are going to eat at T.I. try the steakhouse, the porterhouse is excellent.

west coast
“great service and food.”
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Went here as a last minute idea and because we were hungry. What a nice surprise. The service was amazing. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful along with the rest of the staff. Food was priced about right for what you get but the drink prices where a little steep but i guess thats how vegas works. Would definatly recommend this place to anyone looking for good italian food.

Oklahoma
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 19 October 2007

My wife and I were running late one evening on our vacation to Las Vegas. We had tickets to see Mystere in Treasure Island at 7:30p.m. We left the MGM Grand on the monorail hoping to hit the Grand Lux cafe in the Venetian before the show. When we got there it was jam-packed. Frustrated we decided to skip dinner and try again after the show. We made it to Ti about 45 minutes left before the show. Happenstance found me waiting for my wife outside the ladies room in the TI casino floor. As I waited I looked at a menu I saw on the wall of one of Vegas' many casino side restaraunts. Although it was expensive, and empty ( note I usually stay away from empty places expecting a bad experience ) we took a shot because we were so hungry. I asked the hostess if we had time to make the show on the other side of the casino and she politely assured me. We were sat directly in the middle of the restaraunt, I was pleased because our location was stategically positioned for limited slot machine viewing. The lighting was very dim almost dark. It wasn't bad, just different. It was quiet and secluded only one other table being served. Soon the waiter came, polite and ready to get us fed quickly, he took our order with haste. As he left the table, another server came to refill our water and then a third server filled our bread. I was happy so far. My wife ordered lasagna and I had the chicken parmesean. These are our favorite italian dishes. They were served very soon after ordering. My wife's lasagna wasn't as big as it was deep. She enjoyed it. I was skeptical because my chicken parmesean did not come with pasta or red sauce like I've always experienced. Instead it came with fresh vegeatables. I was blown away. A massive cut of chicken seasoned and tender and extra lean for amazing texture. And the surprise hit, the veggies. This was the most delicious produce I've ever had and I usually hate vegeatables. Crisp asparagus, baby carrots and white potatos, cooked perfectley. the bill was a little higher than I usually pay for any food outing: lasagna $23+ and the chicken parmesean $30 even. I was very happy with the food and the amazing service so I didn't mind paying the price or leaving a hefty tip for our three servers. Francescos does italian very well. Being that the other fine dining place we ate at on vacation was terrible I have to give this place my regards. I highly recommend this little gem sitting next to the toilets in Treasure Island. For a wonderful meal, excellent staff and especially on a chance venture, Try Francescos in TI, it was excellent.

2 Thank disciple419jay
St. John's, Canada
“Very Good will go back”
Reviewed 31 July 2007

I took my husband for his birthday to Francesco's in Treasure Island. I had researched restaurants and menu's on the internet prior to making a reservation because I wanted it be really special.
We had a reservation at 6:30 pm and were promptly greated and seated. The restaurant was 40% full (there was a wedding party in a seperate room in teh back). We were seated close to teh gaming area but we could not hear any noise (there were not many people playing at that time I must say). The menu was very nice and portions large, the only thing I couldn't care for was the Anti-Pasti Plate (this was minimalistic and not good). The best were the blue potato's. Wine was very good and decently priced.

Entire meal with appetizers, bottle of wine and main meals (no desert) was with tip 150 US.

When I am back in Vegas I would go back for a special occasion.