“Classic Italian Restaurant with Great Food”
Review of Bootlegger Bistro

Bootlegger Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bootlegger Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 4,952 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Enterprise
Cross street: Robindale
Reviewed 20 February 2015

I've been here a couple of times, and recommend it for a recent Christmas dinner with friends as we all like Italian food and I remember the décor as just being classic Italian and with wonderful selections. The food is also delicious (our last Italian place went downhill, and the one before that closed - so on the lookout for a new one - this is the place!).

As I stated, the décor is really great - old school Italian with reds and dark woods. The service was also really good - my glass was never empty and they were very patient with my toddler and able were able to provide her with a cup of milk with lid and straw. Some of the more expensive restaurants can't accommodate this, so I always bring a sippy cup just in case.

The food was phenomenal. If you're looking for classic, great tasting Italian food, look no further. Everything was tasty. We first got a couple of platters of the Hot Mixed Antipasti of which I was able to snag a shrimp and calamari - both were really good, and the accompanying marinara sauce also had really good flavor. For my entrée I got Baked Penne (easy to share with a toddler), and my husband got the Pork Chop Marsala - both dishes were really good. My husband really would have preferred Chicken Marsala, but this was a good substitute. The Baked Penne was also really good, and I had to stop myself from overeating!

They also served bread with olive oil - my little girl gobbled that up! As did everyone else at the table.

Overall, a great experience - would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a good Italian dinner. Place was also great for a large party - they provided a table with plenty of room for everyone. I've been here too with just a friend, and they have wonderfully private booths.

1  Thank NVTravelers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

Really good Italian food in a dressy but casual restaurant with live entertainment. We enjoyed the homemade meals and some of the best spumoni ice cream we've had in years. Full service bar and enjoyable lounge singers. Only five minutes from South Point casino and on Las Vegas Blvd. Far better than chain food and priced reasonably.

1  Thank David T
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

On Valentine's Day we stumbled across a place called "The Bootlegger -An Italian Bistro" off the beaten path/strip. Think large, red vinyl booths, cocktail tables w/red table cloths and a performer looking like Harry Connick, Jr. playing a grand piano & singing songs from the days of the "rat pack". We ordered the spaghetti "Classico" dinner (shareable w/$5 extra plate charge) & 2 salads. Great food, service, & ambiance and truly romantic for a Valentine's dinner (plus they gave us a "Valentine's gift" for a 50% discount) on our next visit. Sweet deal.

Reviewed 11 February 2015

My boyfriend took me here this past week and I have to be truthful - I never even heard of this place until he mentioned it! We went for dinner, of course there was a wait but the hostesses were very pleasant and accommodating.

We both chose the Prix Fixe Dinner ($46 each) and I must say that was the best $46 I've ever spent. You got a choice of appetizer, salad, main entree and dessert. The food was delicious and brought out in a timely fashion. I also found the waiting staff to be very friendly and willing to get you anything you could possibly need!

The building definitely has the "Old Vegas" feel and style, which is pretty cool. I would definitely recommend this bistro and hope to get back sometime soon!

1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed 11 February 2015

Quite a good menu, of the Italian American variety, with emphasis on the tried and true. Very capable waitstaff. And a likable old-style nightclub atmosphere with live music starting fairly early in the evening, mostly the old crooning songs. Nice bar for those who prefer to eat and/or drink in that area.

1  Thank Owen P

Been to Bootlegger Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK