“Away from the madness, between the strip and Fremont Ave.”

Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area
Ranked #153 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed Fri & Sat (1st nite w/coupon & 2nd @ reg. price) for 2 queen beds, $130 total. Motel was in process of name change (no sign, just a small banner) so was hard to find. Room clean, rugs just so-so and the same "dirty/stained upholstered chair" situation seems to exist in the majority of motels. Mini Fridge & micro “available on request” (no charge), but had to keep reminding the desk clerk until finally we got the last working units. Parking is tight & even tho there is a wedding chapel across the (small) parking lot, they closed by 9 or 10pm. So quiet after that.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 May 2012

When I made my reservation I mistook the Super 8 on Las Vegas Blvd for the one on the much more central Koval Lane. That was a fault of mine and I found myself located in a somewhat peripheral position between the main sector of the Strip and Downtown. Having a car anyway it wasn't a main issue and that's nothing to do with the fact that this motel left me somewhat puzzled. Despite I had the complete correct address I had many ploblems locating the right building since there is not any typical Super 8 neon sign but a simple small banner affixed to the facade. I really hope it is a temporary solution since it' s totally insufficient to locate the building. I drove in front of it 2 times and I missed it both. My room was large and clean but I don't deny that I would have expected to find a microwave and a fridge beside the coffee maker. That was one of the reasons why I had opted for a motel instead of one of the main hotels on the strip offering their rooms at the same price range in mid week. The ice machine was not working but Ice was available in the lobby. I wasn't able to get the wi fi connection and I informed the staff. I don't know what they did but they solved the problem in a short time proving to be very efficient and professional. A propos of the staff I have to say that any person I met proved to be exceptionally trained , kind and friendly. It was definitely the biggest plus of the motel. I dare say they were by far the best Motel 8 staff I've met in many years of travelling.Having the chance to park my car in front of my room was one more reason why I opted for a motel.Having to empty my car before returning it the following day I didn't feel like having many trips from a distant garage to my room. Having also the chance to have some breakfast in the morning was another plus.In conclusion I can say that from a Super 8 I would expect something more but at the same time the good rate and the exceptional service offered by the staff offsetted the deficiencies.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank d8889
Reviewed 3 May 2012

There were pluses and minuses as there are with any budget motel:
Pluses:
Inexpensive
Clean
Courteous, friendly, helpful staff
Good shower, coffee pot in room, Air Conditioning good
Furnishings - OK
Minuses:
Parking was sparse
Breakfast was sparse and the dining area was tiny, tiny
A bit hard to find, no real sign on the street
Long walk to the strip, do-able but long
The only real negative was it was a long walk to the strip and the area was pretty shabby. But kinda shabby in a good way. My wife and son (age 30) and I walked to the strip and back everyday and never felt the least bit in danger. Always well lit but there were a few panhandlers and some low life. Very non-threatening, Just kept to themselves. There are a bunch on quickie wedding chapels on the way and it was fun watching the proceedings.
So all in all if you're looking for a cheap clean room off the strip but within walking distance I say go for it.

Room Tip: North is an active wedding chapel, fun to watch, south is a wall of a wedding chapel. Take your pick...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fairport_Discover1
Reviewed 29 April 2012

It's my understanding that this hotel is under new management and has been recently refurbished. Our room was large, very clean, had all the mod cons, and the staff were very helpful.
It's next to a wedding chapel so you get to see limosines and excited couples and families coming and going.
Only downside was the breakfast was pretty limited, but it was free so what do you expect?
Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobYeo
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We are planning another trip and I know where I'm staying. it's a very comfortable hotel and never over crowded

• Stayed: April 2012