“Wow! What a meal!”
Review of Oscar's Steakhouse

Oscar's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oscar's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 5,302 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Paradise
Cross street: Fremont St.
Transit: The Strip & Downtown Express (SDX) bus stop is located 2 blocks from Oscar's at the intersection of Casino Center and the Fremont Street Experience.
Description: Oscar's Steakhouse is located in the famous Plaza Dome (as seen in the movie CASINO) and features perfectly aged steaks, the best drinks in town and an atmosphere that truly makes it the Happiest Steakhouse in the Universe. Oscar's offers COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from THE SMITH CENTER. Please allow yourself enough dining time, and mention the shuttle to the hostess upon arrival.
Reviewed 2 June 2017

There is a lot of good food to be had in Las Vegas. You can pay a small fortune to eat at the table of a famous chef or, at the other end of the spectrum, you can eat well for a modest price at places like Lotus of Siam, arguably one of the best Thai restaurants in the country. I find the middle ground somewhat difficult to navigate.

I found myself in LV last night - just for the night. My husband told me to make a reservation at Oscar's, where he'd eaten a couple times. He said I'd like it. The experience was perfect from the moment we walked through the door.

We were seated at a window table overlooking Freemont Street. I loved the view. The waiter walked over, greeted us by name and introduced himself. His name was Bobby. He may have been the best waiter I've ever had and as often as I eat out, that's saying something. He offered recommendations, explained the preparation of various dishes and handled our requests flawlessly. He was funny, charming and dedicated. Since we were sharing several things he even sliced our steak into strips and set the plate between us so we could each take pieces without the hassle of cutting it up - a service that the kitchen charges $8 for. He told us he just considers it customer service and if they aren't slammed he does it.

We ate:

BREAD AND BUTTER: Not something I often mention but it was incredible! Hot and soft and flavorful with onion and delicious whipped butter. We ate two baskets of it! Well, truthfully we brought one home.
CORN AND CRAB BISQUE: Absolutely delicious. It was crazy hot so take care with the first bite. Also, crab isn't nearly as good as lobster in a bisque.
SURF AND TURF: Ribeye was cooked to perfection. We barely needed a knife to cut it. Shrimp was stuffed with crab cakes and served in a light flavorful sauce. I ate more of the steak and my husband ate more of the shrimp. We were both very happy.
CORN BRULEE: I would eat this every night! They roast sweet corn, cut it off the cob and bake it with a cream sauce and parmesan. My mouth is watering just writing about it.
MAC & CHEESE: Very good. Nothing unique but baked in a cast iron dish. Yummy.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS: Also really good. I'm not raving about these sides because they were great but that corn...

Start to finish we had an incredible time. The food, setting and service were all five star. If you read this review and decide to go to Oscar's ask for Bobby. You won't be sorry. He really was the best waiter I've ever had.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Party of 6. We made an advanced reservation. We were seated at 7:45 just in time to watch the lights come on Freemont! You go to this restaurant for the setting! The chandeliers and the seating that overlooks Freemont is all awesome!!! Robert was our waiter, and he was great...very informative! Food was good, I wouldn't call it out of this world, but good. This one is worth a trip down to Freemont! Setting is superb!!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Did the normal TripAdvisor, yelp, misc. food blog reviews and recommendations for the best steakhouse in Vegas. Oscar's was not the top pick on any of them but a top 5 on multiple sites so we picked Oscars.
while nothing was bad, it was fine; nothing stood out as outstanding. bone in ribeye, filet both pretty average, cut above outback but nothing special.
Virtually everything was average, cocktails, service, appetizers and mains. By Las Vegas standards even the prices were average.
So, if you want a wow factor go to Bazaar Meats in the SLS or CarneVino in the Palazzo. part of that wow factor is the price too.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The food is beyond good, the steaks melt in your mouth and the size is unbelievable. The service is quick with superb waiters who cannot do enough to advise and care for your needs. If you can, get a window seat in the evening and get a super view of Fremont Street light display.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Had an early dinner here before our tour at the neon museum nearby. The restaurant is beautiful, inside a glass dome overlooking Fremont Street. Had great, attentive service, and good food. Both of our steaks were cooked to specifications and had great flavor. For sides we had the mashed potatoes and the mac & cheese. The mac & cheese is a stand out! Would definitely eat here again if we were in downtown Vegas.

1  Thank ags35

Been to Oscar's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK