“Good for a stopover.”

Ranked #132 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, Washington
“Good for a stopover.”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I chose this hotel for a stopover on the way to Bryce Canyon as it was as far as I thought we could get since we were not leaving LA until late afternoon. The hotel was very clean, the 3rd floor hallway was smokey, but there was no smoke smell in the room. Loved the choice of pillows. The soundproofing was great, returning from getting ice I could here people in the room next door from the hallway, but once in the room it was silent. The pool was small, but my kids swam both before bed and in the morning and no one else was in the pool. Breakfast was okay, there was a good selection but hot food was not good - the eggs were rubbery and my kids wouldn't eat the sausages. I usually don't let them throw away food, but after I tasted thiers I had to agree. It would be better to just do a good
continental. Only real cons were no nightlight in the bathroom, the light was connected to the extrator so it as either pitch black or loud and bright, not good when traveling with kids; and a minor security issue - when my card wouldn't work after breakfast I went to the desk, the staff member there just said 'room number?' and rekeyed it. I had not spoken to her previously, and she did not ask my name or any identifying information. While I was happy to get back in my room, it made me wonder how easy it would have been for someone else to get access!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palmdale, California
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I've been to this Holiday Inn Express Twice before and I have always been greeted and treated like an extremely valued customer. On my last visit I did run across a problem that really could have happened to any one at any hotel. When I got my room it was warm and the air conditioner wouldn't turn on. I called the front desk and I was given to option to wait for the air conditioner to be serviced or get another room. I liked that I was given the option because sometimes you have a great room with a great view and then you lose it because you weren't given the option to simple wait for a while. However I decided to get another room and by the time I got down stairs to return my key card I had already been upgraded to a better room and my new key card were there waiting for me. The front desk was very prompt and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hollywood, CA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I want to say thank you to all the staff that helped us out the 2 days we stayed, To start Zenina was very friendly,proffesional and very informative when I checked in, she was great she even signed me up for they priority club rewards program.The entire staff was also very friendly. The rooms were top notch I felt as if I was staying in a luxury hotel at a fraction of the cost, the rooms were so spacious and very very clean, that was my major concern in finding a place for my family. Their beds were so comfortable I did not want to leave; they also have a pool and jaccuzzi. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you guy's.

Room Tip: this hotel is excellent when it comes to cleanliness,very clean rooms and comfy beds.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wtezoco
Northern California
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis several times. We go to the NHRA drag races every April and October and we really wouldn't stay anywhere else. The hotel is only about 5 minutes from the dragstrip, so that's perfect for us. The staff is always so nice and welcoming. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar is just right, if you're not needing a full-on hot breakfast. They have a good variety and the little cinnamon rolls are killer! There are no restaurants within walking distance, but there are several within a few minutes drive. The neighborhood is not the greatest, but in all the times we've stayed there, we haven't had a single problem whatsoever. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else for our trips to the drag races.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tbtravel06
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great hotel with friendly staff. Will be back again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#120 of 262 in Las Vegas
3.8 km away
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
4.2 km away
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
23.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway
4.3 km away
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK