“Within walking distance of the Strip and great breakfast included!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Desert Rose Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Desert Rose Resort
Ranked #50 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Within walking distance of the Strip and great breakfast included!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were invited to join a friend at this timeshare. The 2 bedroom was roomy and quiet for our party of 5 adults. One person took the couch, with 2 in each bedroom. It seemed newly decorated - clean and neat with TVs in all rooms. Outdoor parking just outside our unit was very convenient. The hot breakfast included each morning was a treat, as we sat near friendly vacationers each morning. The gym is small, but not crowded and we used great treadmills. One in our party swam in the pool and found it comfortable. We usually stay in suites at the Golden Nugget Hotel downtown, but found this to be a very nice alternative. I do have to add that the twin beds were comfortable for the 2 of us petite women, but may not suit larger or taller persons.

Room Tip: We were a unit or two away from the elevator, so didn't hear a lot of noise from that.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank P M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed while attending a conference at the Mandalay Bay and got a great deal. I read some reviews that talked about the Desert Rose being "a block and a half" from the Strip. Those are some pretty big blocks, though! It took me right at 10 minutes to walk to the southeast corner of Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd (through the Hooters and Tropicana properties). 10 minutes may sound like a short walk, but it's 10 minutes to just get you to the Strip. You're still probably not anywhere you want to really spend any time. Bring comfortable shoes to Vegas!

After four days of walking back and forth, I was ready to take a cab, but the Desert Rose is too small to have cabs waiting out front. The major Strip hotels always do. The front desk clerk told me it would take 20 minutes for a cab to come if she called one for me, so I just walked some more. (When I left for the airport, I did ask the front desk to call me a cab, and one turned up in three minutes. He had been waiting at Hooters for a fare and sped down the block to meet me. I'm not sure if this was typical or just lucky responsiveness.)

The property is lovely and does have a condo feel. I had a one bedroom unit with a full kitchen. The breakfast was good, though crowded, as the other reviewers have mentioned. The fitness center was better than average.

I truly have no complaints about the Desert Rose. It is my own fault for underestimating its distance from everything I wanted and needed to do in Las Vegas. I would not stay here again while traveling for business, as the company would have reimbursed an on-strip resort. I learned that I prefer to be in the thick of the action, and that's exactly opposite of how I can describe the Desert Rose.

However, if budget is a concern, and/or if you'll have access to a car, I would be surprised if you could find a better value in Las Vegas.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ToughCritic36
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012 via mobile

This is now my third time I have stayed here after the first time, it was like I was coming home! It is ranked very high out f all the hotels in Vegas and I have yet to stay at any of the 6 others that beat this but in my opinion, for a condo, I don't think it can get any better. Think about it, a full kitchen yet you don't have to make breakfast because they provide it for you, as well as a managers reception Mon-Thurs....you WON'T be disappointed with this place. I only wish I was staying longer than one night but booking through Hot$i;e you never knw until you hae booked it.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Ercadm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

So I found out about the hotel from searching this site. I found the reviews to be accurate and honest. When we check in, not five minutes into the hotel concierge gave us great info on free shows on the strip and the best way to maneuver from strip to downtown.

If I could change anything it would be the hours of contenital breakfast. That time went so fast and the line so long that I only wanted to grab juice and leave. However, the staff was very accommodating and friendly that more than made up for it.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank pb1bicdic
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am an elite owner with SHELL Vacations Club and this is one of ours. Usually SHELL properties are all GREAT, but this one leaves much to be desired! It was old and run-down, noisy, and had "QUESTIONABLE" employees and other guests! Not at all the nice atmosphere I expected or am used to with SHELL. It is a nice location...close to the strip...walking distance, but the place itself is almost a dive!

Room Tip: top floor away from pool!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple