“Overall Fantastic - Issue with scheduling though.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dig This: Heavy Equipment Playground
Ranked #3 of 258 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: America's first and only heavy equipment playground where YOU'RE in control. Re-live your sandbox days of being a child but this time it's for real. Huge Caterpillar bulldozers and excavators await you in one of the most memorable experiences you will ever encounter.
Rochester, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Overall Fantastic - Issue with scheduling though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I found Dig this! after doing some research online and seeing it on TV. There was a group of 5 of us and we had a fantastic time! You go through a very brief safety orientation in their office which is right next door to the site. After you are done with your in office orientation they bring you out to the equipment where they give you a wireless headset so you can talk to the instructor. The instructor will then give you a “in cab” orientation on how to use the machines. After the “in cab” orientation the instructor cuts you loose and lets you play around. From the time you arrive to the time that you start digging is only about 30-45 minutes.

Since there was 5 of us in our group, 3 of us (including myself) were using the excavators and the other two were on the dozers. If there are more than 5 in your group, I am not sure what they would do as I didn’t see any other equipment available.

We only did the mini dig so all that the excavators did was dig a trench. The dozers did more “driving” then working in my opinion. Although they were driving up and over hills. After talking to my friends in the dozer afterwards, they still had just as much fun. It was fun to see what you pulled out of the ground with each scoop. I pulled up rocks, some plastic, and even a traffic cone that had been buried!

Overall we had a fantastic experience!

However, we did have an issue while scheduling this. If it wasn’t for this I would have given it a 5/5. Since most of us were coming in from out of town and only for a weekend, the dates we could do the dig were not flexible. My friend found online that they were offering a Groupon for this group dig. Before we purchased it, I called them to ask if the dates that we were going to be there were available. I was told yes. So we purchased the Groupon. Here comes the issue, the next day I called them back to schedule and I was told that they would “pencil” us in but would not honor the Groupon unless someone else booked a dig earlier in the day. Now I understand the business side of things as they would be out money on the dig because of the Groupon. However, nowhere on the Groupon does it say this and I was not told this when I first called. If no one booked, we would have been out the money and would have to go through the Groupon refund process.

After talking to a manager though they did honor our reservation and Groupon. If they do use Groupon again it would probably be a good idea to say this on the Groupon.

Again we had a great time overall and great memories. Just be careful when scheduling your dig.

2 Thank pschro1
Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Great review! So happy to hear your group of 5 all got to dig and have a great time on your trip to Vegas. Yes... the Groupon scheduling can be a bit tough. It's something we tried once and found out there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to these "group deal" sites. No matter, we always try to put the customer first and accommodate any way we can. Sounds like we were able to take care of you in the end. Thank you so much for coming out to play with us!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Henderson, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dig This BIG Hit!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Being at the controls of 30k pound excavator is simply amazing!!! A once in a lifetime experience I can now cross off the bucket list. While my kids have Tonka toys to play with...I for a Sunday afternoon had the REAL THING - smashing and scooping cubic yards of earth.

3 Thank Otis702
Otis... seems you have definitely one-upped your kids on this one. We're so glad to read this!
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic, fun experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I gave a 3-hour "Dig This" activity to my husband for his birthday. He decided to drive an excavator, and within minutes he was digging a HUGE (and very professional looking) trench. The look on his face was pure joy! He also got to try his hand at some finesse activities including picking basketballs off of road cones and dropping them in a tire "hoop." He had a blast and is already talking about going again!

2 Thank Michelle J
Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Michelle... we get "pure joy" reading such nice reviews like this. THANK YOU for feedback. Your husband was a ton of fun to have with us.
Oxford, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Made me feel like I was 5 years old again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

What an awesome experience and a fantastic staff. If you are a big kid at heart and are looking for something other then donating your money to the Casinos I highly recomend Dig This. You get great instruction from the staff and they walk you through the basics until you are ready to go at it on your own. I know the price may seem a little steep but once you've done it the memorey is worth way more then what it costs. This will be one of those stories that doesn't have to stay in Vegas!

3 Thank PadyOFurniture4
You're right... not everything that happens in Vegas needs to stay in Vegas! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Much better than "donating your money to the casinos" ~ by far!
Framingham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adult Sand Box”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I did the Mini-Dig and chose the excavator. I had a great time. The instructions were good and they had someone there communicating with you giving you tips and advice the whole time. My girlfriend came out and watched and took tons of pictures. It was fabulous. Something I can take off my “bucket list”.

Visited February 2012
Len... great to hear you had such a blast. Show those photos with pride! You tore it up with the best of 'em.