3,546 results
All reviews ivory tower ghost bar off the strip food court movie theater free shuttle corner room the gold coast cab ride mini bar shuttle service jacuzzi tub great view of the strip great room sports book an upgrade slot machines
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived Thursday & upgraded to a suite. Walked in to a room that had obviously not had the floors or furnitire vacuumed (all carpet except the bathrooms with a fabric couch) & reaked of stale cigarettes. Had the room cleaned during our stay, still wasn't vacuumed or thoroughly cleaned. Bar fridge had EXPIRED beverages... year old beer, juice, pop!! Also, barely kept our water cold. The curtains had unsightly stains on the bottom & all room items were quite weathered. One of the toilets ran all day/ night, without an offer to resolve. And, there was not one drawer or dresser to put clothing in to, we were in a one bedroom suite?! They also are undergoing renos, so everything was near impossible to access with no signage to PROPERLY guide the guests. Most staff were quite nice, however a few of their older front desk clerks could use some re-training in how to treats the guests (and their co-workers!!) paying almost $300/night for a suite with their "resort fees" that include nothing, that we could take advantage of, but wifi - which in 2018 is included at most places. Palms is also located a 5-7 min DRIVE from the strip so bargain for, a minimum, $20 drive to your hotel per day via Car Share options or a $30 taxi. Oh! There is no poker... at a Casino! And, next to no knowledge about where to find it in town?! We were sent to another hotel 5 mins away, only to be redirected to another hotel a 5 min DRIVE away.

1  Thank NiJoMo_HFX
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Thank you to the Palms for giving us a night we will not forget! The experience was unbelievable! Bar for us with the nicest Bartenders with a beautiful Pool just outside the windows and Food I have never really enjoyed before! The Staff, Velet, Food service was exceptional. Thank You and we will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ShelbyM523, Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Skatedad58.

Thank you for visiting us and providing such fantastic feedback from your stay. We are thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We reserved a corner suite at the Palms for a special birthday getaway. The entire hotel casino is going through a major renovation. They evidently haven't gotten around to the suites yet. At least I hope they haven't. The room is not just tired looking, it is not in very good condition. The walls and furniture have marks and gouges on them. It is disappointing to say the least. There is a desk with no chair and there are no dresser drawers.

The buffet however, is fantastic.

2  Thank Kathleen B
ShelbyM523, Manager at Palms Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Kathleen B,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback from your recent visit. We aim to please our guests' with the best possible accommodations and we truly apologize if we fell short of your expectation, we truly hope for the future opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I was given three nights and slot money in the Ivory tower from my casino in N.J. as a gift give away. I was given a letter at check in welcoming me and saying to speak to a host for concerns or comments. The woman at the card center reluctantly called Val Thai. I asked for a pass to the spa for my husband. Val explained he would see if I qualified for a comp when I left.My husband did not go to spa as he did not think that was an unreasonable request as we were given the stay at the Palms from my casino. I sent a text to Val as we were leaving explaing our only room charges were for food. He has never responded. Our Suite was O..K. There are some shelves in the closet but no drawers. A small alarm clock but no radio. There was not a coffee pot in the room so it was room service or get dressed to go to the food court. I was only able to connect my iPad to the Internet not my kindle. I was told we could connect up to three devices. The pool was a trip to the other side of the resort and small. When the construction is finished I am sure this will be a better resort. The casino is pretty limited as is the race book. You must make a $50 race bet to get a drink and my husband was closed out for a race because of a shift change even though he should have had plenty of time. We ate at The Lucky Penny and the buffet. Both were reasonably priced and the food was good.The buffet had a nice selection. Not extravagant. The shuttle service was easy and convenient. The driver was very helpful and pleasant as was Manny to and from the airport. All the wait staff on the casino floor and in the restaurants were friendly and efficient. Overall I would say this is 3 star resort at best.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear coco5532,

We truly appreciate the time spent in providing our hotel with valuable feedback, We will review your comments for any needed improvements and we truly hope for the future opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

A friend and I decided to go "all out" for our birthdays this years. We decided to book with a resort where we can begin celebrating at the cabanas during the day and a club/lounge at night. We had been seeing a lot of advertisements on the remodeling that the Palms has been doing so we decided to seek out availability and pricing. We were then referred to an individual named Ahron Bragg to help us with book our party. Im not sure if he was a promoter (or what his actual title was) however, he gave us a tour of the hotel including the cabanas and nightclub (Apex). We were to have 22 guests that night, he painted a picture for us that sounded like our guests and us will be treated like VIP. The package was to be $1275. We were told we can either have bottle service or our guests can order their preferred drinks to reach a limit of 1275. So here's how the day went. We got to the palms around 11, checked in, we went to the pool, had our reserved cabanas and enjoyed the pool (really no problem there). Around 8 pm we started getting ready for our main event at the APEX, we had been looking forward to this for a long time. We head over at around 9:30pm, the security greets us at the door, takes our ID's and has us wait in line. Of course we're already becoming irritated because we had spent money on making sure this was a vip experience. I tried contacting Ahron, he said he was on the other side of the resort and wasn't going to be there so he was going to text us the number of the manager that night (by the way, he said that he was going to be there with us the entire night, making sure everything went smooth). 15 minutes later, he texts us the number of this so called manager. At the point, we were walked upstairs to the nightclub. The escort then starts walking us outside, we stopped him and advised him that we were promised a spot inside. He then leaves to find the manager, the manager returns with an attitude as if we owed him something. When we began telling him that Ahron told us we'd be getting inside seating, he says, "Ahron doesn't know what he's talking about." This is extremely unprofessional, this is an individual that is representing your hotel!!! After a few minutes, we were able to get a small corner (for 22 freaking people!, unbelievable). Then when our waitress came to the table, they were trying to charge us 1375 instead of 1275 (which was the agreed price). When we told her that we decided we wanted our guests to be able to order their own drinks instead of doing bottle service, our waitress told us "well, I don't think I can do that because it's a lot of walking back and forth." Our bill for that night ended up being 1800.

I know this is a lengthy review, but I encourage you all to review it before booking your party at the Palms. If it wasn't for all our guests cheering us up this experience would have ABSOLUTELY RUINED MY NIGHT. It seems like you're saving money at a place like this but I promise it's not worth the trouble. I would highly NOT RECOMMEND this hotel for a special event.

Date of stay: September 2018