“Fabulous tour to Hoover Dam”

Dean Outdooor Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 108.99*
and up
Personally-Guided Hoover Dam Expedition Tour
Ranked #83 of 238 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Dean Outdoor Adventures is a small group, personally guided tour company that offers tours to Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon National Park (south rim) and our all new Mountain Biking Tour. We take pride in our small group adventures so that you may enjoy the intimacy our tours provide. We take no more than 10 people per vehicle on any of our excursions so that your time is well spent! Our tours are about experiencing your destination, and not just about visiting them. Find out for yourself why Dean Outdoor is not just another tour company.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I went with Dean Varos, the owner of Dean Outdoor Adventures in Las Vegas, on the Hoover Dam tour. Dean picked me up and dropped me off right at my hotel. We then picked up 3 couples who were at another hotel and off we went in his great van which was very comfortable for the road trip! Dean is very knowledgable about the history and workings of the Hoover Dam, Boulder City and the new bridge which we also visited. Everything about the tour was well done, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great 1/2 day adventure away from the glitz of Las Vegas. Hoover Dam is truly an amazing example of American engineering, ingenuity and hard work well done!

1  Thank lifetravelernow
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I used Dean Outdoor Adventures for a trip to see the Hoover Dam on my recent visit to Las Vegas (I was the 3rd member of the Group the reviewer Estelle mentioned below in her review!)

I pre-booked the tour before my visit, and that was a pretty painless experience. Pickup from my Hotel was also fine, and the tour was run by Dean himself.

The company is focussed at running small group tours with a lot of additional background given to the history of where you're going and the surrounding area. It has the additional bonus of the guides being locals and really knowing their stuff.

The tour itself was a very good price (around the $80 mark for a 5hr tour including entrance to the hoover dam itself) - and covered Boulder City, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, the Dam, the O'Callahan-Tillman Bridge and various random places in-between. As I am a keen photographer, Dean made a point of highlighting specific areas of interest, as well as pointing out the best vantage points for shots (that didn't have massive groups of other tourists in them).

The big difference for me though was the fact we had effectively a customised tour (as there were only 3 of us - although the maximum taken is 10) with certain key stopping points, but there were plenty of other detours or stops that you wouldn't have got with one of the big "super luxury" tour coaches. Dean is a very laid back, knowledgeable and instantly likeable person who still manages to be enthusiastic about the tours he does (even though he must have done them hundreds of times!).

In summary, superb company run by great people, offering a pretty unique service for "travellers" rather than "tourists" - couldn't recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank mjfryatt
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I were picked up from our hotel at 7:30 a.m. on December 26 by Dean. What an amazing wealth of knowledge! He shared information with us on Henderson and Boulder City as we made our way to the dam. It was interesting to hear how much it's been built up and the effect on the area. Beautiful view of Lake Mead on the way and a stop and walk across the O'Callahan-Tillman Bridge and wonderful narration throughout. We then proceeded to the dam where we took the tour down to the power plant. It was beautiful weather and very nice to take a small group tour, there were 5 of us total. Sure beats a bus with 80 passengers! We had a Groupon which made this wonderful tour an even better deal. If you like a more personal tour, this is the one for you! Dean will not disappoint!

1  Thank Kiki789
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We used the groupon hoover dam tour (2for1) and the day we picked was perfect and sunny. Dean had mentioned the day before was rainy and the tour had to be cancelled. He picked us up wed., 12/14 at 7:30 am at Monte Carlo and there was one other person from Cosmopolitan, Martin from united kindom....so the 3 of us had a very close encounter with this man made wonder..... Dean's knowlege of the area made it interesting and very informative. He took side trips up to the dam where we saw various sheep and birds and other animals in abundance.....You could not ask for a better guide who obviously knows the area and puts service as top priority. Thank you Dean!!! job well done....and continued success....from folks from hawaii.....st and willy

2  Thank Estelle K
Reviewed 27 December 2011

After hours of searching we thank our lucky stars for finding Dean and his company to take us to Grand Canyon from Vegas. This was the best decision we ever made!! Dean as a guide is amazing - his love for the Canyons and Hoover dam was apparent in his in depth knowledge and information about the same. Though it was a day long trip, every aspect of it was great - we even had a 15 mins stop at Hoover Dam, something not available with other tours. Dean took care to provide us with delicious sandwiches and snacks all inclusive which was a nice surprise considering this part is lacking in most bus tours we have done so far. Grand Canyon is spectacular and I will highly recommend that you choose Dean Outdoor for your next Grand canyon trip. We were a group of 8 and everyone of us had a wonderful time - Thanks Dean!!

3  Thank Shivani M