“Don't believe the negative people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #24 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Beaumont, California
“Don't believe the negative people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here with my wife March 25-27, Sunday thru Tuesday. Stayed on the 38th floor in a 1 bedroom suite with great views of Paris Hotel.

After reading some of these negative reviews about check in here and other issues, I was hesitant on visiting this hotel. But after our trip I am of the opinion that the people who wrote these reviews are just negative people and nothing will satisfy them..

We arrived around 4 pm for check in and the only issue that we were confused on since this was our first time here, was where to park for this hotel. This hotel shares its parking with the Miracle Mile mall and bigger signage would help the first timer. Check in line was non existent and less than 5-10 minutes got our keys and headed upstairs to our room.

Our room was huge compared to similarly priced hotels on the strip. Also since this is a non smoking hotel we did not have to smell any lingering smoke from past guests.

Our room was clean and spotless. My wife and I usually wipe down remotes, light switches, etc. at other hotels but this hotel was so clean that we did not feel the urge to do that here.

Service was excellent, we called the next day for more towels and within 10-15 minutes there were at the door with them, no problem at all!

The walk from our room through the mall to the strip was less than 10 minutes. But there are a lot of things to see and restaurants in the mall that we only made it on the strip once during our stay here. Walking to the Planet Hollywood Casino was a little closer and also had many good restaurants.

We tried room service here and it was excellent! So good we had it both mornings!

Best part was laying in our bed at night looking out of our window at the Eiffel Tower!
We would stay here again, great hotel!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor facing Paris Hotel, you will not be disappointed!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Place is a hole. Toilet leaked, shower not working. Got room changed, there was dirty underwear in the bathroom. Had a loud party across the hall, they tried to kick the door in. Called security, they did not come. Stayed her 12 months ago. It WAS good. Now it's just a run down stink hole. With Mexicans that can't clean to save them selves from deportation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Mark P
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
We apologize for the poor experience you and your family had at Elara. While the team member who prepared your room may be incompetent, we are very proud of all our employees from Mexico and all over the world. Just like our customers their diversity enriches our product generally and our experiences. Please email me so we can discuss your stay.

Thank you.

micanderson@hgvc.com
Sussex, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Positive: nice upgrade from studio suite to 2 bedroom condo. Pool nice. Great if just going for shopping and don't want to be connected to a casino. Just off strip but in middle so easy walking distance to many casinos. Minor issues: lightbulbs burned out, temperature regulation needs improvement.

Negative: unfortunate incident of having my purse stolen from my room while we slept. Poor follow through and communication from security. Security does not work weekends! WOW! No even superficial follow up or through to assure our safety. Did not even provide for me documentation to take to airport-I had no identity-it was all taken! Talked with two managers with no success or any changes.

Disappointing at best if you have any concerns with safety!

3 Thank June R
I am sorry to hear about this incident. Please contact David Natkin, the Security Manager at Elara, his number is 702-669-6913 or email him at dnatkin@hgvc.com regarding your loss. While he is not on property 24/7, security is available at all times. It clearly sounds as though we failed to investigate and follow up, but will do so ASAP.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Wow....Where do I start. First I'd like to add a little credibility to my review by stating I've stayed at over ten Las Vegas hotels (all strip hotels minus the HR) and never once have I experienced such terrible service and ridiculous policies. I'm also a timeshare owner (thank god it's not Hilton) and have stayed at other vacation ownership properties. I strongly urge anyone considering a stay here to book elsewhere.

Let me start with day one. When you arrive at Elara via cab you will be dropped off at the cabstand which is on level one. You'll have to take an elevator or escalator to level two while carrying your luggage. If a room is not available you will have to carry all your luggage back downstairs to the cabstand area where the bellhop will take your luggage. What's up with this? No bell desk on the same level as the lobby? If the previous developer screwed this up the least they could do is provide bellhops in the lobby area with luggage carts. This would be an easy remedy if Elara had a competent management team that cared about their guests.

We finally made it to our rooms later that day and unpacked. We were changing our clothes when a maid entered our room. She walked half way down the hall and realized we were in the room. She never made it all the way into the room and she apologized as she was leaving. An honest mistake but c'mon people. Did you not know this room was occupied? It's not like it was an early check in.

The room wasn't anything special. Sure it was larger than an average hotel room but big deal if you have to deal with incompetent hotel staff. Some negatives about the room: one of the bathroom door locks did not work, the freezer was completely frosted over, telephone in the bedroom did not work, one tall glass missing, no full length mirror, no coffee pot (c'mon, a vacation ownership property with no coffee maker?), and the blinds were a bit annoying. They had the cool factor since they could be opened and closed with the touch of a button but there was no inbetween setting. They either had to be fully opened or fully closed. I understand these aren't deal breakers but wanted to point them out to future guests.

During our first night we were awakened on three separate occasions by our telephone ringing. We would answer it but nobody would be on the other end. It made for a wonderful first night of sleep.

The biggest complaint I have is with their wristband policy. Yes you read that right. Wristbands!!! They implemented the most ridiculous policy during our stay. We were returning to our room the second day when the security guard at the elevator told us we would have to get a wrist band before going to our room. Our jaws dropped. Are you serious Hilton? You expect grown adults to wear a wrist band in Vegas? I can understand a wristband policy for clubs and pools and all inclusive resorts but to get to my hotel room in Las Vegas? Do you think people want to be wearing a wrist band while dressed up and eating out at nice restaurants? Do you think people want to be wearing a wrist band in all their Las Vegas pictures? Do you think people want to sleep with wristbands on? This policy needs to go away NOW!! If you had competent managers you would have never started this policy. I understand you sometimes have guests inviting non-hotel guests over for parties but you deal with these issues on an individual basis. You do not implement a blanket policy for all your guests when it is such a ridiculous policy. My wife and I were so angry we would have checked out if we didn't only have one night remaining. BTW, they have to physically put the wrist band on your wrist and you cannot take it off since they will only issue one extra band to the main guest on the reservations. BTW, the line for the wristbands was about fifty people deep. They wanted every guest to stand in a long line to get wristbands. I can't tell you how many angry people we met in the hotel after this policy was implemented. I can tell there were a lot of complaints because the entire hotel staffs attitude changed overnight. They all became rude. I don't think the staff wanted anything to do with this policy but had no choice in enforcing it. BTW, the security guards at the elevator were also rude while trying to enforce this policy. It was just a very bad idea from the beginning and I can't believe anybody in the hospitality business would even think up such an asinine policy. I called the front desk to ask for a manager so we could discuss the policy but one wasn't available and my message was never returned. I also asked for a manager at the front desk but once again they weren't available. How convenient.

I had high hopes for this hotel but it failed us on every level. We will never be staying at Elara again and we will go out of our way to inform future guests and property owners of Hiltons poor service. We will never stay at any Hilton owned properties and hope Hilton gets their act together for the sake of their vacation owners. Elara scores a giant F-

• 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank jvevil
Thank you for your feedback. All of your points are well taken. Elara was taken over 40 days ago and we have a lot of work to do to make it a Hilton. Honoring all the old reservations, especially during spring break has been a real education. No more wrist bands, but we intend to address the excessive parties, over loading rooms “well beyond safe occupancies”. Clearly the weekend described we reacted and “punished” all, even those who were conducting themselves like ladies and gentlemen and we are truly sorry. Our goal is in the coming months is reposition the resort to act, look and feel more like a wonderful Hilton Grand Vacation Resort.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Words to the wise:
-Check on your reservation numerous times, the hotel likes to cancel bookings for no reason
-Don't expect an email confirmation of your reservation, you won't get one
-Get ready to have $100 per room added to your bill in incidentals, front desk & phone reservation operators do not mention this
- DO NOT turn on the jacuzzi tub unless you want remnants of the past guest blasted at you
- DO NOT try to call housekeeping they won't answer the phone, or the front desk after hours for that matter
- DO NOT expect any actual help from the concierge, inept is a kind statement
- DO NOT expect to be treated with any level of competence, concern or have a level of effort shown to correct any problem

Shame on you Hilton for not valuing your customers, and putting someone off your brand of hotels for life.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Carla T
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
I apologize immensely that your stay did not meet your expectations. It looks as if there were numerous items that went wrong during your stay and I would love the opportunity to investigate this. Should you wish to discuss in further detail please contact me at dgeorge@hgvc.com.

Dana George