“Nice Break from Busy Vegas Strip”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed at Vdara this past Memorial Weekend. I prepared myself for hell because of my experience Memorial Weekend 2011 at another Vegas hotel. To my surprise, I was wrong. When we arrived we were checked in quickly. I was very impressed by the suite (we stayed in the panoramic suite). It was spacious, clean, modern and had great views. I really liked the fact that it was a non-smoking, non-gambling hotel. Vegas can be so busy and hectic that it was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle. I felt relaxed every time I stepped back into Vdara. But if you did get the urge to gamble it was just a short walk through a corridor to Bellagio. The staff was always pleasant and super helpful. Housekeeping always did a great job. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a more peaceful hotel stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is my 8th trip to Las Vegas in the last 7 years and i've never stayed in the same hotel twice, i've stayed in some not so nice ones (Circus Circus and the Riviera) and some fabulous ones (Mandalay Bay and the Mirage) however I have to say this is the nicest hotel i've stayed in by far.

When i booked i was expecting a standard room, yes a separate kitchen etc but nothing out of the ordinary what i got was exceptional value for money. The basic deluxe suites consist of a separate kitchen, living area and bedroom. There is a half partition wall between the living area and the bedroom plasma screens on both sides, an extremely comfortable king size bed, amazing bathroom and the best bit for us was the electric black out blinds, it was wonderful to press the button on the wall in the morning and see the amazing wall to wall views we had out onto the desert, the Rio, the Palms and overlooking the Bellagio Fountains and the strip, they will ask you at reception if you prefer a higher or lower floor i would recommend the higher the better the room we had was 49 22 and i would definitely recommend the view from there.

The only downside was that there was high winds over the memorial weekend and because the pool is on the 3rd floor it was shut but this was for our own safety so i cant complain too much.

Guest services was also great we forgot our travel adaptor and couldnt find one anywhere for UK to USA, guest services ordered us one in and got it to us within the hour.

I tend not to write many reviews on trip advisor cause i get tired of people whinging when really there is not that much to complain about, this is definitely a 5 star resort and i will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher the better, the room we stayed in 49 22 had amazing views over the bellagio fountains and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynne M
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

ferguson80, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Vdara the most out of your many trips to Vegas. We really look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you!

Patricia
Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Vdara rooms are fantastic, staff was exceedingly great, pool scene with no smoking and somewhat more reserved clients than some of the other strip hotels. Would come here again, no question.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2012

So I am also currently here at the Vdara, second time in a year. All staff have been fantastic. We have called housekeeping about 4 times and never waited more than ten minutes, followed by a follow up call to check everything is ok. Fab little bar tender in the amazing bar (I will get her name sorry!) who mixed a great martini. Oh and btw, I have stayed at many properties in the strip over the years, in fact we were at the Wynn last week, which was so noisy. Love coming back to Vdara for the boutique feel to the place and tranquility.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank redkerr15
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

redkerr15, thank you so much for taking the time to praise our staff! We pride ourselves on superior service and we're glad to hear that you were able to experience it first hand and acknowledge our staff.

We look forward to your next visit!

Patricia
Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Things that are great:
Big beautiful rooms
Nice bed and bedding
Great decor
Nice shower

Things that are not so great:
Not signed well from the main roads
Everything gave me electric shocks, heard this from other people too
The gym had three broken treadmills
Cafe was small, slow and inadequate
Check in and out lines are ridiculous.. Pack a snack you'll be waiting a long time..
No power outlets near the bed
Blackout blinds don't black out

I'll be going back to the Aria next time

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business