“WOW !!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Rosa, California
“WOW !!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Wonderful Hotel, very clean, perfect location next to the Bellagio and Cesars and Aria and only a block away from MGM, very modern rooms with two flat screen tv's, fast elevators (never waited more than 45 seconds for a elevator), fast valet service with the car. The only drawback was checking in at 3pm which takes one hour waiting in line since there are only 4 people working the counter. I would not hesitate recommending the hotel to my mother and any of my friends. No gambling at the hotel which is no problem since the Aria and Bellagio are next door. The other drawback is that there are no restaurants at the hotel and you have to walk next door where you will find wonderful and varied restaurants. For any of the shows on the strip, just go across the street to the 1/2 price ticket store and you will find good deals on the shows. Don't ask about the golf courses since they don't play or know anything about the courses. Go to GolfNow and you can get all the information you need. There was a problem in the bathroom with a light and they had it fixed in less than 1 hour !!!! Stayed there for 6 nights and loved every minute of it. Also great access to the freeway by going out the back way and not having to deal with Las Vegas Boulevard traffic. Ask the valet for directions to the freeway. Takes under 10 minutes to get to the car rental return from the hotel. Great breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Aria and no waiting in line.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south has city views for the night, but also have the sun in the morning and during the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ESTEVE A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,389)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Wife and I traveled to Vegas in June of 2011. It was just a short get away trip with minimal planning and we found the Vdara via jetsetter.com. We were upgraded to a fountain view suite and everything about the place was calm with one exception....the pool. The pool is above the lobby area and the days we were there, it was very windy. We found a few spot that blocked a bit of the wind and it was fine. The bar in the area was nice and you can charge everything to your room.

Besides the windiness at the pool, the place is very nice, but not over the top. The carpet was not your typical drive-you-mad-with-crazy-casino-designs and the rooms have very simple yet elegant lines to them. We loved not having a casino in the place and the short walk to the Aria made getting a good meal really easy.

All in all it was a peaceful place to be and we will return.

Room Tip: definitely try for a fountain view. We watched the Bellagio show every night.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We booked 4 nights at the Vdara. We chose this place as it looked newer and price was reasonable compared to all the other more traditional hotel/ casinos.
I had emailed a few weeks before arriving asking for a room that had a good view of the Bellagio fountain as we were celebrating our anniversary and wanted it to be special
On checkin we were told that there was only a room with partial view of the fountain, but when we got into our room it was a perfect view of the fountain and the strip!
We had the Deluxe Suite. Walking in was the kitchen/ dining area, then living room with TV, bedroom with another TV and large bathroom.
The room was very clean with modern furniture, it felt like we were at 'home'
The attention to detail was spot on and the staff left us alone but were always available when we needed something.
The bed was very comfortable, although the pillows were a little flat and that was the only thing I would say I didnt like.
I have already recommended this place to friends, and now looking for an excuse to return to Vegas so that we can stay again!

Room Tip: Contact the hotel before you arrive to request a room with a view of the Strip or Bellagio fountain
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in April. We arrived at 9pm and were very pleased to see there were no queues to check in (unlike other hotels in Vegas). We were told by the receptionist that she was upgrading our room so we had a view of the Bellagio fountains!! Our room was lovely- we had a deluxe room on the 21st floor- we had to telephone housekeeping twice for bedding for the sofabed. We assumed due to the last minute change the bed was not made up ready. The next day we asked the cleaner for extra glasses as it was decked out for 2 rather than 3 but this was not a problem either. In all the hotel was perfect for us. The rooms were cleaned impeccably every day and the beds were comfortable enough. We were pleased and would recommend.
It is located perfectly and we walked to the strip either via the Aria, the Bellagio, or past the Cosmopolitan.

If you have back problems the sofabed is not recommended but for us worked fine- ask the housekeeping to make the bed up for you when they arrive with the bedding. The King bed was more than comfortable enough and for 3 girls sharing for 5 days the room was more than perfect. We didn't make use of the other hotel facilities but they all looked inviting enough. The smell of our hotel was lovely to come back to after the cigar smelling casino hotels.

Remember to save money for the resort fees when checking out!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the fountains- you can see between the cosmopolitan and the Bellagio t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Denver, CO
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed at the Vdara April 30th through May 2nd. I did read the reviews on here and some things I agreed with and some I did not. I got to the hotel at about 8am and of course my room was not ready at that time. The bellman took my luggage and the front desk gave me a key that did not fit any rooms but allowed my to use the pool and the spa until my room was ready later in the day if I wanted to. I was impressed already. I had friends staying at Bellagio so I went there to gamble as there is no casino in the Vdara. Now that is a minus to some but to me a plus because I can then gamble at any other MGM properties I want and still stay at Vdara.

Anyway we passed the time having breakfast etc and after checking about 11 am and still not having a room my friend and I went around the strip as he had not seen some of the newer hotels etc and finally returned at 2pm or so and the room was ready. It may have been ready earlier but I never checked. I went up to my room on the 45th floor and was impressed right away as was my friend and he was staying at Bellagio. There is a kitchenette which has been mentioned before and then a split space which contains the living area and the bedroom with a hdtv on each side. The living room side also has a docking port for that hdtv so you can hook up your computer, blu ray, ipod etc. Very cool. I wish the bedroom side had one also but it was not a necessity. I only really mentioned it so people would know to bring the cords they need to hook something up as I did not have mine with me.

The bathroom was clean and spacious and the whole thing very modern. As mentioned there are only dishes and utensils for the kitchen if you ask after you get to the room and I did not need them. I used the microwave once to heat up some leftover dinner and kept my Coke in the fridge so it was very handy.

The room was clean and was cleaned the second day after I left it within two hours. I know this because I was at the pool at Bellagio and came back two hours later and it was done. It was very quiet the whole time I was there and the bed was extremely comfortable.

I could see the Bellagio fountains and the pool area from my window so a good view was provided as well although I am sure not every room has a great view it just depends.

Now there were a couple of negatives. The pool is very small so I went to my friend's at Bellagio as I mentioned so I did not ask if I could use the Aria pool so you may want to find out if you are a pool person. The light switches for the lights and drapes were in the kitchen only so that was sort of a pain but minor. The market downstairs is a little pricey but so is the entire strip anymore so thats not really a big negative. It is very very crowded in the morning however so beware. I paid 11.00 for a chicken paninini (sp) sandwich but if I was in Disneyland or something I am sure it would be the same so thats vacation food and you can take it or leave it but I can guarantee a restaurant will cost you as much or more. It was delicious and as I said I ate half and then warmed up the rest later in my microwave in the room. The market was well stocked with beer , wine, frozen dinners, meats and cheeses etc and well as them making sandwiches to go etc.

So with a few negatives I can say there is no way I would not stay there again. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly and I had a couple of questions they answered right away. I did not have one staff member who did not say hello to me every time I walked by and they check your keys etc before you get on the elevators. Some of the other things that I mentioned might really bother people based on the reviews I read before going there but it didnt bother me enough to not stay there again when I return.

If you want to see the rooms, I had a deluxe room that they have plenty of pictures of and I believe a virtual tour on their website. I will go back again no problem.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends