A nice resort located far from the strip in a fairly upscale area with good shopping and restaurants, and Red Rocks Park and Mountains nearby. The grounds are beautiful, with great pool area. We usually stay at Red Rock Casino, and in comparison, the JW Marriott seems very conservative and a bit out-dated. As another reviewer noted, the hotel also seemed rather huge and empty - especially the restaurants which were empty and had that boring basic 'overpriced hotel restaurant' look to them. I'm not a gambler but walking through the casino was disgusting - it smelled like smoke and was full of sad old people on oxgyen machines playing loud childish- looking slot machines (but maybe that's all casinos I don't know)
The spa was very nicely appointed but not well staffed - they seemed to have only one person in the lady's spa so no one was at the desk and there were dirty towels everywhere. But loved the outdoor spa and cool spa pools.
Our room was large but nothing that special, and the first room we checked into smelled like smoke even though we requested a non-smoking room, so we had to go through the hassle of changing rooms.
Customer service was fine, although not stellar. Our rooms weren't cleaned until late in the day (after 2:00 pm), and the employees in the spa did not seem familar with the workings of the hotel or the spa (did not know when/how much classes were; told us there was a free shuttle to the airport and we didn't need reservations - when it was $30 and reservations were needed!)
Overall, a great deal for the price and well worth it if the weather is good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allow JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, with its discreet elegance, to set a new standard for a luxury hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Only 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, situated on 50 acres of lush garden landscape, this resort offers an impressive range of premium amenities and outstanding service. Relax in spacious guest rooms, which were just renovated, before indulging in one of 10 restaurants. Take a refreshing swim in the expansive outdoor pool with cascading waterfalls, pamper at Spa Aquae, or enjoy the excitement of Rampart Casino. In addition, our prime hotel location places you steps TPC Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon and downtown Summerlin with great shopping and dining. Visit the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa for a unique Las Vegas experience. The swimming pool is closed seasonally from October 29, 2017 - March 2, 2018. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf Hotel Las Vegas
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa And Golf
- Las Vegas Marriott