“Just Okay”

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #94 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Westin Las Vegas was okay. The carpet upon entering our room was torn. The TV stand had holes in it as if it had been moved several times. There was construction where our "view" was to have been. Other than these things, the hotel was okay. We had the bed we were to have had which was comfortable. It was a decent walk to the strip. For the price paid, I did not have too many complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. For future stays, do not hesitate to reach out to us regarding any concerns you may have while here so we may address them immediately. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here in the Westin. Check-in and check-out was a breeze and staff were extremely courteous and helpful. I had a room on the 5th floor. The room was clean, had no smell, and bathroom was impeccable as well. It has a double showerhead and the water gets nice and hot so it was wonderful. And the beds are just heavenly indeed - so comfortable and gave me a restful sleep each night I stayed (total of 3 nights). For electric outlets, at first glance it seems like there is none but at the desk, there is and outlet hotel on the left corner where the lamp plug goes through. You have to pull up the black opening to reveal about four empty plugs that you may conveniently plug you phone to charge or for ladies, curling iron to sit and do your hair.

The scent that you smell walking in is there white tea rose scent which is nice but can be a bit too strong - but it beats smelling the sewer smell when I was sitting inside the bar in Planet Hollywood. Apparently, that sewer smell is just a Las Vegas problem.

The lobby and casino area has nice interior design. It is very mellow there and not as busy and noisy as the strip hotels. This is the main reason I liked it because you can get away from the hecticness of Vegas but still be close enough to join the action when you feel like it.

Also, I must give 5 stars to their Suede Restaurant that also provides room service. They open 24 hours and have great menu options throughout the day. You can also choose to pick up your food so as to not pay the 22% gratuity for room service. Each time we ordered, the food was amazing! Sommers, the lady that works there was so courteous and made our experience with the restaurant even more enjoyable!

Overall, if you want the drunken, craze-filled, round-the-clock party atmosphere - don't stay here. But if you want to go to Vegas and be away from the large crowds and have a relaxing stay - the Westin is great for that.

One should know that this hotel has resort fees which comes to $12.88/night. This was the rate for my stay on the dates 2/10/12-2/13/12. I got a deal off of hotwire for the Westin which after taxes,hotwire fees,and hotel resort fees came to just under $100/night.

Room Tip: If you are checking in late, call in to let hotel know and also select the type of room you prefer i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

We couldn’t have described the Westin experience better ourselves! Your informative review and comments are sincerely appreciated, as is your kind praise for our staff. At the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa, this is the experience we envision for all of our guests and we are glad you had such a relaxing time while here. Our service fees include amenities like self-parking, access to our Hibiscus Spa sauna and steam room, pool, gym and more. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We recently stayed at the Westin Las Vegas on a weekend getaway. The hotel was a bit low key for the Las Vegas strip and seemed more suitable for a business trip than a fantasy Vegas weekend. The room was comfortable with a great bed and linens. We were put into a handicap accessible room (as it was the only one available) and the shower was not great. The lobby and pool were boring for Las Vegas. There was a medium sized standard hotel gym and an outdoor hot tub. The staff were courtious and maid service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa offers the convenience of being located one block from the excitement of the Las Vegas strip while providing a quite retreat when you need it. It’s wonderful to learn that you enjoyed a restful night sleep on our Heavenly Bed® and our staff was able to make your stay memorable. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

So I paid a handsome sum to reserve a "deluxe" room with a single bed in it, and a nice view. I arrive at check-in to be asked: "Are two beds in your room OK?" Well no, that's not what I reserved. Fine, says the man checking me in: I'll "upgrade" you to a deluxe room. Riiight, I reply. So I'm being "upgraded" to the same room I reserved in the first place. He smiled.

After that odd experience, things descended into being actually quite bad. First: the corridors on the 12th floor smelled. Really quite badly, actually, of BO.

Then: my room, where I need to work, charge phones, ipads, etc etc, turns out to have exactly zero accessible electricity sockets. To plug my computer in, I need to unplug the desk light and sit in virtual darkness.

Finally: the internet. It costs $13.99 per 24 hours. And it DOES NOT WORK if you happen to own an Ipad or an Iphone. I know this becuase having hooked up my laptop, I attempted to connect said devices. A 45 minute call with a helpdsek, and a visit from an engineer later, I was toold by the front desk that the crappy firm they have a wireless contract with "has a lot of problems" getting it to work on Ipads and Iphones, along with other Apple devices. This, in the year 2012! They agreed to reverse my internet charges, but, yeah, this pretty much buggered up my plans to watch movies, download docs on the Ipad, etc etc.

I stay in a lot of Westins, all over the place, and like too many reviewers here I have to say that this is really about the worst I've stayed in. It needs some serious dough spending on it, not least on its internet service. Otherwise, what's the point of coming here?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Grizzly78

It is disappointing to hear your stay was not as expected. Our commitment to customer satisfaction will be reviewed with our team to ensure our guests receive the highest level of customer service during their stay. We are working with the IT department to address the issues you may have experienced. For future stays do not hesitate to contact us so we can address any concerns you may have regarding accommodations. Our hotel is currently undergoing upgrades and would like to welcome you back to experience all we have to offer.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean (I hope). Unfortunately, there was an overwhelmingly strong body odor smell in my room. The maid service "deep cleaned" the room and just couldn't get rid of it. Finally changed rooms. The new room had a lesser version of the same smell. All of my co-workers had the same experience to different degrees. One of the floors smelled like sulfur.

The room service never was able to deliver my food before I had to leave for a trade show. Even when I put the card out the night before. Thankfully the Starbucks in the lobby stocked breakfast food.

Also, be aware they advertise a "non-smoking" hotel. In fine print it says "except in casino and lounge". It doesn't say the casino and lounge are 3/4 of the entire main floor.

I will not return.

Room Tip: Don't bother stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sb949

In order to create a comfortable experience for all of our guests, every guest room and restaurant in our hotel are smoke free. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your concerns regarding accommodations so we could address them immediately. In addition to Starbucks, the Suede restaurant operates 24 hours and offers a variety of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thank you for your time and we hope to welcome you back to experience all we have to offer.