“Amazing!”

Ranked #4 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The Encore is truly an amazing hotel in Vegas. I have been to Vegas numerous times and stayed at plently of the hotels on the strip ie MGM, Planet Hollywood, Mirage etc and they do not compare to the Wynn and Encore. The property is very clean and not smokey. The room was spotless and literally there is not one area of the room which I could say needed to be cleaned better.
We ended up playing more slots at the Wynn - there is simly more to choose from but this did not bother us as they are connected via a few minute walk inside.
Staff was very friendly and always helpful. When we checked in I asked for a room that was away from the club noise so that we would not be bothered (as I have read in other reviews). We stayed on the 35th floor facing Circus Circus and did not hear anything during the night.
My only complaint (and this was more so with the Wynn) was the drink service when playing slots. It did not take too much time for a waitress to take our drink order HOWEVER they were extremly slow - I mean the worst out of all of the hotels that I played at on the strip. My husband and I were both playing $1 slots and were often wondered if they forgot about us but they never did - they were just painfully slow. For such a wonderful property this was very disapointing and in my mind - not exceptable.
Would highly recommend this hotel and will visit again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meCanada1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,848)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This was our first stay at any Wynn property and it did not disappoint. From the moment that we checked in everything was perfect. We were given a choice of rooms, we could face down the strip to enjoy the view but risk the noise of the nightclub (does close until 5am) or we could face west, have a view of the mountains and no nightclub noise. We chose the view of the mountains and the better chance of quiet and would do that again. We were on the 35th floor, relatively close to the elevators and never had any issue with noise from the hallways or the nightclub. We normally stay in a non gaming hotel on the strip because i hate to wade through the casino to get anywhere and that was my only complaint about staying here. The restaurants were wonderful, the room was pretty amazing the customer service was impeccable. We were at the hotel over Labor Day weekend and it was really busy, lots of people everywhere you went at any time of the day or night. There were a few times when I was in sensory overload and it can be hard to find a quiet moment to yourself but I guess that's what your room is for. We did order room service for breakfast one of the mornings that we were there, sat in front of the window and enjoyed the peace and quiet. The prices may seem expensive when you look at the menu but if you're planning on eating at any of the restaurants there you'll spend about the same without all of the people and noise and the food was really good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the West are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lara A
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I am a stickler. I never give an inch. I expect everything to be perfect. The Encore is simply perfect.

Reasons to stay at Encore over Wynn:

a) Quite
b) Rooms are better laid out
c) AC works better on the Encore side
d) Elevators less busy

I think that Steve Wynn is a King. Long live the king because I am afraid when he passes we will be left with the disgustingness of chain hotels in Vegas.

Stay at the Wynn, yes it is more expensive, but if cost is a concern this is NOT your right choice.

Check in a 10.
Maid Service was a 10.
Room Service was a 9.
Bed a 10.
Room layout a 10.
Valet a 10.
Bell desk a 5 (very poorly run, many issues).
Cage was a 10.
Restaurants a 10.

Thanks all travelers I hope this helps you.

Room Tip: Tower Suites are a MUST.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Joseph S
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Although the service wasn't as personalized as it was a few years back (probably because of the influx of many more guests this year), the Encore is still the best property in Las Vegas. The restaurants are probably in the top ten, the nightlife is great, and when you combine the facilities with that of the Wynn, its hard to beat the Encore.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Demoleo
Tamaqua, PA
Reviewed 7 September 2012

If you want a place to spend a few hours each night while you roam Las Vegas, this isn't it. But if you appreciate a suite designed for comfort, two great pools, a wide selection of first rate restaurants, and a super friendly staff; this is it. The room was divided into a bedroom with remote controls at the bed for lights, window shades, tv and more. In addition, the bed was the MOST comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. There was more than enough drawer storage, a large closet and a great bathroom with a double sink, sunken tub and glass shower. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Encore. I then ventured over to the Wynn for a breakfast buffet. It was the widest selection of foods you can imagine from peaches in creme fraiche to specialty quiches to a whole bakery of just desserts. Best $20 I ever spent!

Room Tip: Stay at the Encore vs the Wynn
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business