“It isn't as bad as these reviews would indicate”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #71 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Whitchurch
“It isn't as bad as these reviews would indicate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Writing from a British perspective I found the hotel to be fine. The room was huge, it was clean and the staff were helpful and friendly whenever I had any dealings with them.
I would happily go back there at any time.

Room Tip: Walk through the Manadlay and you are only half a mile or so from the iconic 'Welcome to Las Veg...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Graham W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wolviston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed at the Luxor for 5 days in August 2011. Was in Las Vegas to celebrate my best friend's wedding day. The rooms were spacious, very clean and wonderful value for money. The walkway between the Luxor and the Mandalay Bay was ideal and I felt very safe wandering between the hotels late at night. I would definately recommend this hotel to future travellers.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sian C
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

We just returned from 3 nights at the Luxor. We had been there soon after it opned years ago and had been very impressed back in the 90's. A different experience this time. I was going to give it three stars because the room was large, clean and quiet. It could stand an updating but that is not the reason for a poor review. The lobby is cavernous and very noisy with loud music. Very little place to sit in the lobby and the concrete benches are like those found in cemetaries.The real problem however is the number of annoying salespeople in the lobby, trying to sell property. It was impossible to get away from their annoying putting their hands in front of you. They were also found in the walkways, walking to the food court, it was very annoying.

The first day we ate in the cafe, but $10 for juice, 2 slices of toast and coffee is outrageous. The rest of the time we had breakfast at the food court, which was much more reasonable and better.

We made lunch our main meal and went to the Bellagio lunch buffet and to the Pallazzo shops for Grimaldis pizza. This was much better choices.

The hotel is also too far from the hotel casinos, we like to play in, Ceasars and Bellagios. The music was softer, the casinos were good. At the Bellagio and Pallazzo we were not bothered at all by hucksters, and there were places to sit when not playing.

Due to the amount of huckster bothering us everywhere, we will definetly not be returning.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor, get a high floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ane4355
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Overall my experience in Luxor was not great however I cant complain for the price I got.

Positive:
I requested for a good view room and I got one although it was facing directly to the Airport.
Interior of the building is amazing.
Room Service takes 30 minutes I guess this is due to how busy they are.
Good location
Rooms are good size with cupboards.

Negatives:
Our Air condition in the room failed to work so I called to get this checked, engineer came at 2.30 am to fix this and after 45 minutes playing with Air-con he failed to fix it so he requested if we could change to another room, so we did. in-order to get my luggage transferred by a porter I had to wait 40 minutes. It seemed as if all staff had gone to sleep at that time so we decided to carry our luggage by our self.

Every Room was very very run down and after being in two different rooms I realised there was a very funny smell in both of the rooms.

DO NOT GET A ROOM WHICH CONNECTS WITH A DOOR TO ANOTHER ROOM otherwise you will not be sleeping. I has to get security called because next door to my room people were making lots of noise at 3 am. After security visiting them in 10 minutes noise restarted.

Rooms do not seems to be clean

Overall I had a unpleasant experience with Luxor, will I stay there again maybe not.

seconds from last hotel to be on the strip

Room Tip: Ask for a room does not CONNECTS WITH A DOOR TO ANOTHER ROOM Ask for a good view to the strip
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
hailsham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Just got back from a lovely stay at the Luxor. We had a Tower delux room with queen beds as we had our 7 year old with us, it was perfect. The pools were great, we hired beds around the pool because we needed shade for our daughter, just paid for 2 and our daughter shared. The food court at the Luxor is excellent as you dont have to spend a fortune on lunch. Had a meal at T&T it was very nice, had breakfast at buffet and piramid cafe both nice. Plenty to do in Vegas for everyone. Fashion show mall and north premium outlets good for shopping. Good food at outback steakhouse and evening buffet at the Wynn (all you can drink champagne for $12). Can,t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Tower delux rooms are bigger than piramid rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family