1,706 results
All reviews cabana suites tower room vintage room fremont street container park old vegas fremont experience single deck blackjack no elevator two blocks loose slots downtown vegas mob museum prime rib main building stay downtown an older hotel
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Tobacco smoke coming into the "non-smoking" rooms from the casino below, a slot machine that ate my money and jammed and no one showed up to fix it, and a maintenance crew yelling, dropping equipment onto the floor, and swearing while fixing a leak in the room directly across from me are all reasons why I will never stay here again. Also, the restaurant and massage facilities are only average.

Heads up: they charge a $40 per night refundable security deposit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Whatever it was, it was fine. We had a vintage room. Certainly had personality. The room was fairly large and comfortable. Decorations were undoubtedly note-worthy. The AC needed a refurbished, very noisy. The bathroom could use a remodeling, as well. The room door was old-styled, it looked good... but an extra bolt or lock likely needed. We went to the restaurant both to dinner one night (we had a coupon for a free bottle of wine) and for breakfast, it was fine without being great. The casino is a tad depressing. Free shuttle to the airport, which was great. We had good service throughout, except at the souvenir shop where the lady at the counter was somewhat rude. Loved the location, right near the Freemont Experience and Container Park... Far enough, though, for quiet and peace. We really enjoyed downtown, more than the strip. El Cortez is ideally situated, also walking distance to the Mob Museum and the Neon Museum (this last one is worth the detour). All in all, the price was right and we had a really good time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank IanRoberge
Reviewed 10 November 2017

The was my first time staying off the strip. I chose the hotel because it had a reputation of being where the locals would go and I was not disappointed. The room was decent, food was excellent. I enjoyed the prime rib at Siegal's Restaurant so much I had it for all 3 days of my visit. So delicious!! Their breakfast omelette was fantastic as well. The gambling was old school with lots of fun machines and blackjack tables. I will be back again! The staff are very nice and friendly. They seem to know a lot of the regulars on a first name basis.

Room Tip: The Tower room I had was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank jzajac1
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

El Cortez is a great hotel right there at Fremont street experience. Casino in hotel has plenty blackjack and roulette. 5 miles from strip about $20-23 one way. Fridge in room no microwave no free breakfast. Cool spot I’d stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Keisha M
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Stayed here with a friend in a Tower Room while visiting Vegas for some shows at the Park Theater on the Strip. Nice spacious rooms, comfortable beds and quiet atmosphere in the hotel part. The casino was nice and the slots seemed to be looser than in other places (won $240 on a nickel slot). Fremont Street was a nice diversion and the Strip is only a busride (the Deuce) away. A Uber will cost you about $15 to the Strip if you want but the time it takes is just as long as the bus.
The reception staff seems to have heard and seen everything, so I guess their chilliness was due to that. They did nothing wrong and helped me with efficiency and a slight smile when I had a problem (which was only the key card at the beginning). Gift shop and 24 hour restaurant on site is a great plus!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends