We just returned from 7 nites in Vegas, I usually stay at the Plaza downtown, however they were all booked on the week end so had to find accomodations elsewhere, managed to get the Fitz for 2 nites and the only alternative for the week end was the El Cortez, I had only been in the El Cortez once about 3 years ago,.and that was enough I got out of there fast being a single women on my own i thought it was slummy so. I was amazed at the change and our room was on the second floor over the casino, it had new funiture/broadloom and completely redone, actually better than the Plaza. I would return in a wink now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas