April 17 - 24, 2012 in room 209 in the Tower.
Room was ok overall with some nice touches - much like the photos on the hotel website.
Pros: good sized room, nice area to sit with a love seat and coffee table, seperate sink and toilet/tub area. Large safe. Nice desk. Solid wooden furniture. Key for the door always worked - IMHO that is unusual. Water was very hot most of the time, though not as much in the evening (maybe it comes from a distance away).
Cons: we are two women and were put on the 2nd floor which can be accessed without a key. It tooks us most of the week to realize this. Would certainly have perferred a secure floor. Our view was of the roof. Sheets were not changed for the week. Tub was old and worn and unstable when you stepped in it. Air conditioning was difficult to regulate - sometimes too hot and sometimes too cold - required lots of adjustment. Having no pool was sad given the high temperature records - but we knew about the lack of a pool when booking.
We enjoyed the casino - low table minimums including 25 cent roulette. Good variety of slots. Reasonably quick with comp drinks. We used coupons and ate at the cafe 4 or 5 times (2 for 1). Yes, it is a fairly smoky casino, though we had no problems in our room on the 2nd floor.
I would go back but it would depend on price and length of stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas