Had three nights at the ElCo - it was at no charge because I was in town for a funeral.
Made some bets at the sports book and this guy named Chet or Chad behind the counter acting like he was doing me a favor. I said should I use el cortez club card and he said nah that I don't bet enough. And then he made me repeat my bets a couple of times and he kept looking away like he rather be elsewhere. I had a few beers so I didn't think much of it. Went back the next day and the guy there Steve, new guy, treated me much better. But whenever Chet was there I avoided the book and took my business elsewhere.
Room was fine. Freemont street was always interesting but kinda sketchy in some parts. I've done the strip and it is not worth the hassle. Will I recommend downtown Vegas compared to the Strip-Yes. Will I recommend El Cortez - nope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas