“Discrimination for International Couples ”
Review of Alibi Ultra Lounge

Alibi Ultra Lounge
Ranked #1,487 of 5,412 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Description: ALIBI Ultra Lounge, at ARIA Resort & Casino celebrates the perfect convergence of premium spirits, imaginative ingredients & highly stylized opulence. Guests are invited to enjoy custom & creative cocktails handcrafted by master mixologists and matched with an unparalleled level of service.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I write this review as an Irish visitor to the Aria Hotel having been a resident in this gorgeous hotel for 5 days. On the night of my 40th birthday my boyfriend and I tried to sit in this lounge for an after dinner (Lemongrass) cocktail. Jason approached us for ID. Fantastic when you have just turned 40. However informed us our driver's licences were not acceptable!! We both have the 3 page Irish licences. We advised Jason kindly that we were 40 however this was not acceptable to him and he quoted a passport policy. Understandable, however we do not wish to carry our very valuable Irish passports around on nights out, so our very valid 3 page driving licences that had been accepted all week in every establishment we had attended suddenly became unacceptable. We left however witnessed Jason allowing two extremely young girls with plastic ID cards dressed in blue jeans white t shirts and trainers enter Alibi immediately!!! Note I wore a white pin striped jumpsuit with heels and a jacket and my boyfriend wore navy chinos loafers and a linen white shirt. We contacted reception who immediately apologised and asked us to attend in order to fill out their international ID verification form. Which we did and returned once again to Alibi. Only to be met again my Jason who was up to date on his policy to allow t-shirt wearing '20' year olds but not on the Aria International ID verification yellow form. So Jason had to summons Matthew his manager who advised us that Alibi is not owned by the Aria but by the Hakkashan Group therefore they do not recognise their International Verification Form!!! All of this whilst standing in the Aria Hotel where we have been resident for 5 days with no ID issues. I asked Matthew for his full name, as someone who distributes their full name etc to my clients no matter what the situation, however, 'Matthew' was unable to do so. As you can imagine if 'Matthew' was completely aufait and comfortable with his policy etc... He would have given me his full details. However Matthew and Co knew they had a serious case of discrimination pending so refused same. We left the Alibi Lounge having spent over 1.25 hours trying to very calmy sort out ID matters on my 40th birthday and had a great night elsewhere in the gorgeous Aria. Aria please review the Hakkashan staff you allow to represent your hotel. This was completely uncalled for particularly on my 40th birthday.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We just hung out here and had drinks before we went out for the night. Nice little lounge right in the middle of the casino to hang out for a little bit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The waitress was very rude to the 4 of us. She rushed us out. They will not give you water only expensive bottled water, with paying over $25 per cocktail, 1 cent water shouldn't be a problem. Skip this place

1  Thank M M
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Somehow we managed to be here every night pre dinner, and almost every night post dinner. There were normally 12 of us, not always arriving at the same time, so we found the service was patchy, and the prices expensive particularly on decent wine by the glass.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My husband and I love this place during the week of Christmas (we end up in Vegas every-other Christmas). It's less crowded but still fun to sit by the edges, watch folks play craps, and drink expensive cocktails. Yep, the cocktails/wine are expensive, but you're paying for the atmosphere. Love it!