“Anniversary Dinner Disappointment ”
Review of Carnevino

Carnevino
Reserve with OpenTable
Carnevino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #526 of 5,276 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Cross street: Spring Mountain Rd/Sands Ave.
Description: Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, James Beard's Most Outstanding Restaurateurs of 2008, bring you their first ever Italian Steakhouse! CarneVino endeavors to deliver the premier steak experience in Las Vegas. With soaring 16 foot ceilings and Italian marble and wood touches, the handsome and spacious rooms are designed in the style of a classic Italian Castella, where serving the highest quality product with our first-ever international wine list creates an experience unlike any other. The menu focuses on our very own BBL Beef and its minimum five week dry aging process, rounded out with various source-verified meat, fish, and poultry, classic and inventive regional pastas, and unique spins on traditional steakhouse appetizers and sides. Join us for high-energy but luxurious dinner in any one of our dining rooms, or drop by the Taverna on a whim to kick back and watch the game with our more casual menu, featuring our very own CarneVino Burger!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I must say after reading all the great reviews I was expecting stellar service and an amazingly delicious steak.
Unfortunately, my husband and I received neither. We are visiting Vegas for the week for our 33rd wedding anniversary. We had the concierge make dinner reservations for us at Carnevino to have an anniversary dinner.
We were excited after seeing all the rave reviews.
When we arrived for our 7:15 reservation we were greeted by a very unwelcoming hostess. My husband told her we had 7:15 reservations. We were told to step to the side. So we did. She then continued to help walk up customers. After waiting we were told to follow a gentleman who seated us. He was very kind and pleasant.
After being seated the assistant to the waiter greeted us. He was also very kind. Then our waiter came. He was adequate. We told him this was our first time at Carnevino. He explained the wine choices. We decided on 2 glasses of Pinot. He explains the the menu etc. He then leaves us and says he will come back for our order.
He returned later after helping all the other people who came after us to take our order.
We had a late lunch and decided to only have the main meal. So my husband ordered the ravioli special and I ordered the New York strip cooked medium. I asked for this steak after I saw the gentleman at the table next to us receive his. I wanted it cooked exactly like his. We also had mashed potatoes, carrots and mushrooms as sides.
Our meal came out quickly. The steak was plopped in front of me and then several minutes later our sides showed up.
My steak was cooked medium rare not medium. The carrots were not cooked.
My steak was not sliced for me.
While waiting for our meal to be served I was able to look around the room. It was busy. I could see what the standard was suppose to be.
Everyone gets a roll served to them shortly after being seated. We did not. Everything had their food brought out on a rolling cart with a cutting board for the meat. Once at the table the meat is sliced and the carver asks if it is to your satisfaction, then they slice and serve it to you. My meat was plopped in front of me. I had to ask if this was the proper way. I received an apology and they brought the cart out to slice my steak. I think if you are paying 50-150+ dollars for a steak they need to do it right all the way.
I did not eat my steak, or my carrots. My husband said his ravioli was delicious.
We shared our experience with manager and he thanked us for the feedback, which means thanks-. We payed our bill and left.
There are better places to eat and spend your money.

1  Thank travelwithlysol

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was simply delicious. There were 3 oof us in our party and they suggested the riThis was simply delicious. There were 3 of us in our party and they suggested the ribeye and porterhouse. The steaks were huge, and the carver expertly carved them tableside... plenty of steak for 3 people. The service was impeccable... not obtrusive but very attentive. The streaks are seasoned and aged with a dry rub. I have been to many steakhouses, but this one was the best by far. We also shared 2 sides... broccoli with garlic and tuscan fries which were fingerling potatoes, both perfectly seasoned and prepared. We all loved this place! Highly recommend!!beye and porterhouse. The steaks were huge, and the carver expertly carved them tableside... plenty of steak for 3 people. The service was impeccable... not obtrusive but very attentive. The streaks are seasoned and aged with a dry rub. I have been to many steakhouses, but this one was the best by far. We also shared 2 sides... broccoli with garlic and tuscan fries which were fingerling potatoes, both perfectly seasoned and prepared. We all loved this place! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, great wine and excellent service! We had a very good stay in Carnevino in Las Vegas! Thanks!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My son, whom has visited this restaurant twice, claims it to be numero uno- the best! I went to verify his claim as my favorite meal is steak. I had the 10 oz bone in "reserve" as I am 69 and watching my figure. I also had 2 glasses of their Malbec wine. No side dishes.
I can only compare the service with an image of a queen bee being waited on by the workers. I had so many people during my 1.5 hour meal (by choice) that I was surprised I even had to raise my napkin. The steak was a close second best as I am very hard to please. I would definitely go back. Well worth the price- but when was excellent quality ever disappointing!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our group of 3 had a lovely dinner that was what you expect at a steakhouse. Friendly, knowledgeable waitstaff, a sommelier who knew the list and had great recommendations and menu that had all the beef options alongside classic pasta dishes you anticipate. The grilled octopus app was awesome, flavorful and tender. The caprese salad was beautifully presented and delicious. Veal scallopini and tagliatelle bolognese were very strong orders. My only quibble was the filet that I ordered medium and it came out rare. The waiter and manager dealt with it very appropriately and when returned, it was perfect. Just a weird miss for a steak house.

Been to Carnevino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK