“Luxurious Bargain”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver, BC
“Luxurious Bargain”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed at the Trump 06/24-06/28, 2012. Got a great deal through an Allegiant Air air/hotel package which penciled out to less than $100 per night for the hotel room. That is before the $25 resort fee which is a bit much because as others have pointed out the amenities the fee covers are regularly included at other properties but it was still a tremendous bargain considering the high quality of this hotel. Another reason we chose the Trump is that its just about the only major hotel that wasn't listed on the Las Vegas bed bug registry when I was researching places to stay. The public areas of the hotel are well appointed and superbly maintained. It doesn't have a casino and is a bit removed from the main part of the strip. However for us that was a plus as it was nice to come back to the quiet atmosphere of the Trump after the zoo that is the strip. If you like to shop, the large Fashion Mall is right across the street. There are frequent free shuttles to the Wynn and Caeser's Palace, the latter of course being right in the middle of the action. Our room was on the 55th floor with a commanding view. The well appointed main room was large and included a very comfortable king bed. The bathroom was huge with a large marbled shower, vanity with two sinks plus a separate jacuzzi bath and even a TV embedded in the mirror over the vanity. Cool! Our room also had a small fridge, sink with garburator, a two burner cooktop with basic dishes and cutlery and a small coffee maker but oddly no cookware for the cooktop. We weren't planning on cooking anyway but did inquire of the maid about the lack of pots/pans and she said if we wanted some she would call and have some sent to our room. The hotel staff to a person were first rate. Friendly, knowledgable and courteous. One disappointment for us was the pool area. There was quite a bit of wind during our stay and for two days the pool staff wouldn't let the umbrellas be used which meant there was very little shade to be had around the pool. The daily high temperature averaged 103 degrees so laying in the sun for long wasn't possible, at least for me. The hotel restaurant was good although a little pricey but then so are most decent restaurants in Las Vegas. All in all I highly recommend this property.

1 Thank NWDan
, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear valued Guest:

It's great to read that you felt the hotel was luxurious and that you also felt that you received a bargain. Those two terms don't always mesh well together but it appears that you felt this way about Trump International. I'm happy that you had a great time and hope that you will return so that we can serve you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,700)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were travelling with my daughter and grand daughter and we selected this hotel as it was non gambling. Our check in was quick and very efficient with no problems at all. We had adjoining suites which was very convenient. Rooms were excellent, I had a few issues re remote not working for tv in bathroom and no bathrobes, called down and when we returned to our room after dinner, remote was replaced and robes in place. We had dinner in DJTs and it was delicious, our server Aaron was superb and went to great lengths to have a non alcoholic cocktail made up for my grand daughter after asking her what were her favourite flavours. It was a lovely peaceful haven in the gambling melee which is Las Vegas. The only downside was the resort fee which I feel. Old be incorporated into the room rate. Other than that I could not fault the hotel at all.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Migs12
Dear valued Guest:

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the hotel was "beautiful." We appreciate you deciding to stay with us and hope that we will be able to serve you many more times in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I stayed at the Trump for 6 nights from mid June and the expectations did not disappoint. The hotel only caters for valet parking and at its busiest time, the wait usually no more than 10 minutes. Don't forget that there is a $25/night resort fee.

The hotel lobby is big with a nice distinctive floral smell. There is a railway track to the west of the hotel and I requested a room away from the track. I was duly assigned to room 4409 which is east facing directly looking across to the Wynn and had partial view of The Strip. Even though on the 44th floor facing east, I could still faintly hear the horns from the trains although it was not noticeable however the traffic noise is more noticeable though.

The room is big with a sofa and kitchenette. There is inclusive in-room wifi (nice fast speed), a large flat screen TV and a safe. The kitchenette includes a subzero fridge, an electric hob, toaster and a microwave. There are cutleries and utensils provided in the draws. The cell phone reception is pretty poor in the room though.

The bathroom provides a large jacuzzi tub, a small tv built into the mirror, his and her wash basins and a large walk-in shower. Toiletries and hairdryer are also provided.

Of my 6 nights stay the disappointments are on one day that the trash was not removed from the room and dirty plates left in the kitchen sink. I also found the bed mattress to be very soft to a point of sinking into the mattress and the timber bed frame creaked badly.

All the staff were superb and greeted you with a smile. I did not use the pool facilities or restaurant therefore can not comment.

The hotel location is slightly north off the strip directly across from The Fashion Show Mall. It will be slightly more than 5 minutes walk to be on The Strip outside Wynn however free shuttles are provided to Wynn and Caesars Palace. Walk across the road from the hotel and you can access The Fashion Show Mall through Nordstrom.

As this is a non-casino hotel, the stay is much more pleasurable with less foot traffic in lobby and more importantly smoke free.

Dear valued Guest:

I receive daily feedback from our guests stating how much they enjoy walking through our smoke free hotel and not having to contend with the casino aspect of their stay. We are pleased to be non-smoking and non-gaming and are happy that you too enjoyed this part of your stay. Thank you for your comments.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 6 night stay and had a wonderful time. We have been to Vegas a few times before and after reading the great reviews and finding a great price, decided we would give it a try. We were so glad we did! Each time we returned to the hotel after an evening on the town, we were so happy with our choice! It feels like a peaceful retreat amidst all of the busyness. It smells great from the moment you walk in the door and we really appreciated that it was a nonsmoking hotel. Our room was large with a great view and had the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. When our jacuzzi tub didn't work, maintenence was up within a matter of minutes to fix it. I had debated going to the Spa while I was there, but am so glad that I did. The massage and facial were the best I ever received! I will be getting a signature trump massage when I return again someday.

Dear valued Guest:

Wow... Your review was an absolute joy to read. Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy to read that you had a great time with us at Trump International.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in June and it was the most beautiful hotel we have stayed in. We had suite 5007 on the 50th floor which was a corner room with a view of the strip one side and the mountains on the other. The suite was simply stunning with a kitchen/dining area/lounge, bedroom and two bathrooms, the main one being huge with a jacuzzi bath (next to a window with a view of the strip), two sinks, a TV in the mirror, large walk in shower and closeted toilet. The bed was so comfortable so we slept well. The hotel is off the strip but we used the shuttle bus (included in the resort fee - the drivers were all really friendly and offered us tips on where to eat) to get to Caesar's Palace in the midst of the Vegas craziness! After seeing the amount of people walking through the strip hotel lobbies, we were happy to have picked a hotel with no casino as it was a quiet, smoke free escape to get a good night's sleep. The only negative was the resort fee of $25 per night which is unavoidable, therefore I don't understand why it's not included in the room price. Especially when they list the services included for the fee like internet, in-room coffee/water and access to the fitness facility when these are generally provided in other hotels I have stayed in. We loved our stay here though and would definitely recommend it to others.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

We are aware of the competition that exists in this town so we are extremely grateful that you selected to stay with us at Trump International. By the sounds of your review, you had a great time and enjoyed everything. Please make us your perminent location for lodging for all of your future trips to Las Vegas. We would enjoy having the honor of serving you many more times in the future.