“Hotwire Gamble Paid Off”

Ranked #13 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“Hotwire Gamble Paid Off”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

When the room I really wanted at Caesar's booked up for my date, I decided to Hotwire a 5 star mystery room. When I found out I got Trump Tower, I was a little disappointed. It was farther off the strip than I wanted, it didn't have a casino... I was worried it wouldn't feel like the Vegas Experience.

The reality is... it has upped the bar for the Vegas experience for me. My Hotwire "studio" for 3 people ended up being a 1 bedroom corner suite with 2 full bathrooms, a dining table, kitchen + bar, and great city/mountain views in the living room, bedroom, and bathroom.

The staff was wonderful and fun. The public areas of the hotel, including the valet area, smell like a tropical island. The pool was packed and gets great sun, even in the morning.

The couch in the livingroom was a comfy L Shape with a pull out on one side. The master bathroom...made my weekend. It is bigger than my bedroom at home. ...It was bigger than the bedroom in the suite. It is a gorgeous marble palace that makes you feel every one of those 5 stars.

It is Off the strip. We walked the distance through Fashion Show Mall once, and didn't do it again. My feet were killing me by the end of the weekend. Best recommendation is to come prepared to pay for cabs. $8-$10 from the tower to Caesars. They have a free shuttle, but I'm not very patient and it filled up fast.

I recommend their room service as well. It has traditional vegas pricing, but the portions were much larger than expected and it was delicious.

You can hear the trains, but that never bothered me. You can't (or atleast I didn't) hear any other hotel guests or hotel noise until you get down to the pool and lobby level.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with multiple people, pick a 1 bedroom. The second shower saves a lot of ti...
2 Thank Kimberly W
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear valued Guest:

That's terrific that you had a great time with us. I receive many compliments from our guests about our hotel and our service. Our guests come to us through many different booking channels. We prefer to have our guests book directly through us as it allows for us to understand the purpose of the trip so that we can better accommodate our guests. Thank you for your review.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,726)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in April. Room was large and clean. Pool was great. Got room service one night which was good.

Don't let the other reviews regarding location put you off. These people must be very lazy! It takes all of 2 minutes to walk to the strip. If you were staying at one of the larger casino resorts it would take you much longer to get to your room. The hotel also puts
on free shuttles to Caesars and Wynn although Wynn is only down the road. These shuttles are frequent and the drivers are nice.

On our first night we heard the train noise once but after that didn't hear it again through the night. I would have actually thought that a 5 star hotel like this would have had the rooms soundproofed when building.

This is a great hotel that is clean and rooms spacious and not at an extortionate price. There isn't a casino but its a nice hotel to get some peace from all the madness of the strip which is only down the street.

The only downside was the resort fee which was $25 per night. When we booked we were told this was $19.95 per night but we had to pay the $25. I think this is a bit excessive when it's only for 2 really small bottles of water, coffee that's not great and a newspaper no one probably reads. In my opinion that doesn't add up to $25 per day! It's just a way of the hotel making their money back as the rooms are going so cheap.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank gem_gem22
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your compliments about Trump International. This is the perfect place to stay for 10 nights like you were able to do. Thank you for also sharing your views about our location. I too feel as if we are located perfectly to enjoy all of that Las Vegas has to offer.

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Upon check in we had a room overlooking the strip, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room for $50 per night to a corner suite. We did upgrade and what a awesome room. Staff were always helpful, restaurant was sensational and reasonably priced. Although Donald Trump has been described as a [--] around town, I would disagree and would like to thank him sincerely for building a fantastic establishment and the best accommodation in Vegas, cheers DT

• Stayed April 2012
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear valued Guest:

We are honored to be considered "the best hotel in Vegas." We like to think that our room product and service cannot be matched by any other hotel in Las Vegas. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

West Jordan, UT
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was very impressed with my stay at the Trump. I am a frequent traveler to Vegas and have stayed at several hotels on the Strip. This was my first stay at the Trump and I would love to return. I loved the view from our 52nd floor City View Suite especially at night. The view is floor to ceiling and wall to wall. The bathroom was a wonderful size with separate tub and giant shower. The in-mirror television is a nice touch. The bed was super comfy and the suite itself was very well appointed and roomy. But the best thing about this hotel was the service. We were very well taken care of our entire stay. There was a small mix up when we first arrived but they over compensated with a generous credit towards food or services. Employees were always prompt with a smile and seemed to enjoy their jobs. The pool was enjoyable, a little understated for Vegas, but still very nice. There was a bit of a twenty-something party vibe but not a spectacle like you might find at other hotels. There is no casino. We ordered room service once and ate lunch one afternoon at the poolside deli. Drinks and food were expensive but good. We loved that the Fashion Place Mall was a short walk from the lobby across the street and we took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to the Wynn and Caesar's Palace. We were thrilled with the deal we found on Travelzoo to stay here. Budget was a factor and we feel the value was fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor they can give you...the views are amazing.
2 Thank ProTravelGirl
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear valued Guest:

That is great that you were "very impressed with your stay". There is a lot to love about Trump International and I'm happy to read that you had this great experience. I hope that you will return so that we can provide you with many more in the future. Thank you for the review...

Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed in Las Vegas multiple times for business and pleasure. This is by far one of the best places to stay. The strip is a 3 minute walk from the hotel, the complementary shuttle service that runs to and from Caesar's Palace and to and from the Wynn is exceptional and very convenient, the breakfast at the restaurant inside the hotel was outstanding, the pool was beautiful, clean, and not too noisy. With the minor exception of the bad pool service staff which paid little attention to their guests and you have to chase them down for your order, I was extremely happy here. The rooms were spacious, the bathrooms were clean, and also large, and the hotel was overall quiet. The fact that there is no Casino does take away from the Vegas feel - but not from the appeal, and anywhere else you go in Vegas has one anyways... there is no shortage of fun to be had and Trump is truly a great get-away!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for providing us with such terrific feedback. I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay at Trump International. I hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can serve you many more times in the future.