“Great Spa”

Stillwater Spa & Salon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy pampering and relaxation at the ultimate Lake Tahoe hotel spa. Nestled high in the Sierra Nevada Mountains at an elevation of over 6,000 feet, Stillwater Spa at Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino is a luxurious reflection of the tranquil, natural environment of the region. With an air of eco-sophistication and an ambiance of cozy mountain elegance, Stillwater promotes wellness through the power of nature. Our Nevada spa resort's services are inspired by and infused with the classic elements of air, water, earth and fire and their particular balance in Lake Tahoe. The fresh, clear water of the lake is our source for hydration and moisturizing; the purity of the alpine air assists in cleansing the body of toxins; the healing pull of mother earth is felt as a balancing force on the body; and the woodsy mountain fires promote warmth and cycles of renewal. Just as the mighty Sierras cradle our tranquil lake, Stillwater Spa is a retreat inside a wilderness. Your journey through Stillwater will create an inner balance of natural serenity and vitality, leading to divine relaxation and a greater enjoyment of your Nevada spa resort experience. Spa highlights include 16 treatment rooms including two couples sanctuaries, one with a fireplace and the other with an infinity tub. Our spa also features a state of the art fitness center, men's and women's relaxation and locker rooms, and a full service salon. Daily admission fee of $24 is applicable to all guests not receiving spa treatment or salon services, or $40 for guests not staying at the resort. The fee includes use of locker, robe, slippers, dry cedar sauna, eucalyptus steam room, relaxation areas and locker room amenities.
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Great Spa, but overpiced.
Massage was very good, the ambience of the spa was special. Showers, steam room and sauna very well kept.
Service was very good.
But still the services were ridiculously overpriced....

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

We visited the Hyatt resort and I talked my husband into spending some time at the spa. Since he had had a very stressful last few months, he agreed, even missing the first few hours of Sunday NFL. We had a couples package in the Fireside Suite, with a wrap & massage. This would be my husband's third massage and he said it was the best he had ever had.Christine was his therapist. I have a chronic health condition of which my therapist, Michael, was familiar and he took great pains to work each affected body part. I am still getting up in the morning pain-free (the massage was four days ago) and this hasn't happened for years! I so wish I lived closer, as I would make this a regular part of my life. But I will see them next year for extended massages....probably one every day (and it will still be cheaper than what I lost at the casino!). BTW, we just so happened to book on the last day that the spa was open. It will be closed for a short while for refurbishing. So those that have complained about things being oudated will probably see a new & improved spa the next time there.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

I just had a massage and facial at the Stillwater Spa and am so very pleased with the service, the staff, and the accommodations. Wonderful people who make you feel welcome and comfortable, cozy fireplace in the relaxation room, and great amenities. My only qualm is that some features could use some upkeep: the shower's soap dispenser kept coming apart when I was using it, and I noticed the curtains in the massage room was in need of replacement or repair. Otherwise, however, the service was fantastic.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

I scheduled a bridal consultation specifically asking for a stylist who is good with styling long, thick, curly hair. I also scheduled a style consultation for my future mother-in-law. Since this was four months in advance, I was surprised they said we would have the same stylist, so our appts. would be back to back. Turns out, it was because there was only one stylist! My future MIL said up front she did not want the stylist to use a curling iron, or to tease her hari, or to curl her hair flipping up. The stylist proceeded to do all three of those things, saying she would like it once it was done.

My turn. I tell her I would like very soft, smooth, waves. She did not wash or even wet my hair. No styling with a hair dryer, just a curling iron. I asked if the reason she wasn't blowing my hair out just to save time since it was a consultation and not the actual day. She said, "Oh, don't come here on the day of expecting me to wash and blow out your hair!" What??? Not only is that the beginning of a great style, it's a great way for a salon to make money. She repeated that sentiment a few times, even, making sure I wouldn't dare walk in on the day of my wedding expecting a blow-out. When she was done with the curling iron and whole can of aerosol spray, instead of soft, smooth waves I ended up with a huge head full of super stiff curls that reminded me of my 1990 prom hairdo! She topped it all off with a Jersey Shore "bump" on top.

Of course, I knew i wouldn't schedule her for my wedding day, and couldn't wait to move on to my make-up consultation...and guess what??? The make-up expert was the very same woman who had just done my hair! What salon has one person do both hair and make-up???

She not only did not even ask what I wanted, but just slopped it all on. The foundation was extremely oily--had a very hard time trying to wash it off later. It was like I had a layer of vegetable oil on my face. She used some sort of metallic liquid eyeliner that flaked off in big chunks into my eyes while I was still there in the salon. When I showed her a big chunk of it on my finger, she just picked it off and threw it away without saying anything. The eyeshadow was a gross combination of brown and grey, plus it was sparkly. She did not use an eyelash curler, and the mascara was totally clumpy and crumbling down my cheeks. I was just in shock.

When my future mother-in-law learned that this SAME WOMAN was going to do her schedule pedicure, she canceled that.

I still can't believe this all happened at a very nice, upscale spa at the wonderful Hyatt in Lake Tahoe. I love this Hyatt so much, and can't say enough about the great experiences all three times I have stayed there. Why they have such a joke of a salon is a mystery to me!

6  Thank JT1143
Reviewed 29 August 2009

The spa was very nice and comparable to any nice hotel spa, but I didn't have much time to use it before my haircut and color appointment. My "stylist" acted like she was in a huge hurry, even though I was the ONLY customer in the Salon. Apparently she didn't mix the color correctly and it fried my hair. I wanted to go a shade or two darker blond but it was as light or lighter when she finished. I took her a picture of a haircut I liked and explicitly told her I wanted a lightly-layered bob with NO razoring. She ignored the picture and later when I opened my eyes, she was razoring my fine hair and I told her to stop. Then she blew it dry and burned my hair and scalp. When she finished, the razored hair stood up all over my head. To their credit (although the girls in charge were arrogant), when I went back a few days later to complain, they refunded my $$ ($80) for the haircut, but not for the damage the coloring did. The services are over-priced (it isn't San Francisco after all) and they were average to awful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you want a good cut, go to SF, Truckiee, Reno or Carson City. If you want to pay a lot of money to be butchered, then go to the Hyatt in Incline.

1  Thank masblanco