All reviewstruck parkingcoffee shoprooms are cleanplayers clublake meadcasino floorthe hustle and bustlegrand canyonlas vegassteakhousepetarizona
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Just received our credit card bill and the management charged us $100 for damage to the ceiling.....we are seniors, and we did not damage their ceiling. They said it cost that much to repair the ceiling hole. We will never stay there again. In the future, we will take pictures of the entire room. We were there for an event at a nearby airport, and just needed a place to spend the night. When you are on a budget, an unexpected extra $100 expense is not something we planned for. No photos of damage available, because they said it had been repaired already.

Room Tip: Take photos of your room...entire room...and have the date code stamped on them
Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank oregonresearcher
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank You for your comment orgonresercher. We have the photos and your are more than welcome to them. Again, thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

The hotel is clean, but omg the cigarette smoke permeates everything. I was on the 3rd floor...a No smoking floor...but the elevators bring the smoke up....smell super duper strong in the hallways. Inside the rooms were a bit better, but not much. I felt like an ash tray when I left. Rock bottom prices to fit rock bottom rooms. No fridge, no microwave, not even a pen in the room for notes. The Buffet is barely eatable. Rock bottom price there too, so I suppose I should have know this. Walls are paper thin so you hear EVERTHING going on in the hallway and other rooms. This is not even a 2 star hotel. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Best tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank You for your feed back. We work hard to eliminate the cigarette smoke to better accommodate our non smokers. We take pride in our Hotel and our food. Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Our room was clean but a bit dated. Bathroom was clean. A/C wasn't working properly. Engineer came up & said "oh it froze up". Can change rooms. But they didn't have a room to accommodate us.
We went to the buffet for dinner. It was by far the worst buffet we've ever gone to. I spoke to the manager and she agreed with me that it was bad! What kind of manager is she??? Lettuce salad was hot. Gravy was hard and very thick. It was at the bottom of the pan. Mashed potatoes I'm sure were instant and not prepared properly. Manager said they're not instant but agreed they weren't prepared properly. Baked chicken looked like it had been there a week. Prime rib had not flavor and was so tough it was difficult to cut with a steak knife! Very expensive even with players card. Not worth the money.
We recommend staying at another hotel as there are plenty here in Vegas.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it all feedback. It helps our company grow in a positive direction.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have an art show at Boulder dam park every year 16 years now, I needed a hotel that had pet friendly rooms, The hotel we were staying at for years prices went way high and no longer had pet friendly rooms anymore so we thought we would try out the Railroad pass hotel. The room was suppose to be a none smocking room that reeked of cigarettes from past costumers smoking in a non smoking room, Cigarette burns on the bathroom counter top, no real blankets on the beds only sheets, and as far as pets friendly? they got upset with the fact we left are dogs for a short time in the room to have dinner then told us we violated the rules and then gave us a paper with pet rules after the fact! Next the bathroom had very little samples for showering only 1 bare of bath soap that left your skin feeling dry 2 small packets of only shampoo and 2 packets of body lotion that was well needed after washing with that bar of soap! we couldn't get a senior citizen or a truck drivers discount because we booked with there hotel booking agency No one mentioned that when are reservations where made! other costumers where very loud all night, very unfriendly and poor communication! And the rooms are ugly!!! Do they really care about this experience?

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank You mbwildlife for your feedback. We are very sorry for your unpleasant experience here at our hotel. We pride ourselves on customer service and being pet friendly. We like to assure you that our hotel rooms our dressed and stocked according to our hotel policy and procedures. We are always switching out our soap and shampoos to better accommodate our guest and their likes. Again, thank you for your feedback that's how we grow and learn to accomadate our guest better.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Everything about our experience was miserable. First, you walk in to the building and are gagged by the heavy amount of smoke. This doesn't end when you arrive on your floor, even if it's non- smoking. The ventilation system was horrible.

I was greeted at check-in with a stern lecture about booking two rooms on future bookings because their maximum occupancy is 4 (we had 5). I told her I booked online with the accurate number and it allowed it and she said it was a problem with the travel site. I really don't see how this is the customers problem.

We decided to try the buffet, it was prime rib night. So extremely disappointing. Barely any salad options, a few overcooked meat choices and the pizza was so bad my kids wouldn't eat it. The prime rib was okay the first go around but my husband went back for seconds and it was overcooked and rubbery. The staff that was attending tables was disorganized and confused. Friendly but barely spoke English and had a hard time understanding our requests so they went unattended too. This place was so grossly overpriced for their poor and minimal selection.

I will say that the rooms were decent sized and clean, as were the bathrooms. But the walls were paper thin so if you end up with a neighbor who comes in and out all hours and then pukes violently at 4 am, you will hear every bit of it.

I can confidently say we will never be returning.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

We appreciate your feedback Chrystal L. I will bring your feedback to the attention of the Food and Beverage managers. We are working towards a solution to better accommodate our non smoking guest. I'm sorry for your experience that your family had here. Again, we thank you for your feedback.