All reviewstruck parkingcoffee shoprooms are cleanplayers clublake meadcasino floorthe hustle and bustlegrand canyonlas vegassteakhousepetarizona
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Our room was clean but a bit dated. Bathroom was clean. A/C wasn't working properly. Engineer came up & said "oh it froze up". Can change rooms. But they didn't have a room to accommodate us.
We went to the buffet for dinner. It was by far the worst buffet we've ever gone to. I spoke to the manager and she agreed with me that it was bad! What kind of manager is she??? Lettuce salad was hot. Gravy was hard and very thick. It was at the bottom of the pan. Mashed potatoes I'm sure were instant and not prepared properly. Manager said they're not instant but agreed they weren't prepared properly. Baked chicken looked like it had been there a week. Prime rib had not flavor and was so tough it was difficult to cut with a steak knife! Very expensive even with players card. Not worth the money.
We recommend staying at another hotel as there are plenty here in Vegas.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it all feedback. It helps our company grow in a positive direction.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have an art show at Boulder dam park every year 16 years now, I needed a hotel that had pet friendly rooms, The hotel we were staying at for years prices went way high and no longer had pet friendly rooms anymore so we thought we would try out the Railroad pass hotel. The room was suppose to be a none smocking room that reeked of cigarettes from past costumers smoking in a non smoking room, Cigarette burns on the bathroom counter top, no real blankets on the beds only sheets, and as far as pets friendly? they got upset with the fact we left are dogs for a short time in the room to have dinner then told us we violated the rules and then gave us a paper with pet rules after the fact! Next the bathroom had very little samples for showering only 1 bare of bath soap that left your skin feeling dry 2 small packets of only shampoo and 2 packets of body lotion that was well needed after washing with that bar of soap! we couldn't get a senior citizen or a truck drivers discount because we booked with there hotel booking agency No one mentioned that when are reservations where made! other costumers where very loud all night, very unfriendly and poor communication! And the rooms are ugly!!! Do they really care about this experience?

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank You mbwildlife for your feedback. We are very sorry for your unpleasant experience here at our hotel. We pride ourselves on customer service and being pet friendly. We like to assure you that our hotel rooms our dressed and stocked according to our hotel policy and procedures. We are always switching out our soap and shampoos to better accommodate our guest and their likes. Again, thank you for your feedback that's how we grow and learn to accomadate our guest better.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Everything about our experience was miserable. First, you walk in to the building and are gagged by the heavy amount of smoke. This doesn't end when you arrive on your floor, even if it's non- smoking. The ventilation system was horrible.

I was greeted at check-in with a stern lecture about booking two rooms on future bookings because their maximum occupancy is 4 (we had 5). I told her I booked online with the accurate number and it allowed it and she said it was a problem with the travel site. I really don't see how this is the customers problem.

We decided to try the buffet, it was prime rib night. So extremely disappointing. Barely any salad options, a few overcooked meat choices and the pizza was so bad my kids wouldn't eat it. The prime rib was okay the first go around but my husband went back for seconds and it was overcooked and rubbery. The staff that was attending tables was disorganized and confused. Friendly but barely spoke English and had a hard time understanding our requests so they went unattended too. This place was so grossly overpriced for their poor and minimal selection.

I will say that the rooms were decent sized and clean, as were the bathrooms. But the walls were paper thin so if you end up with a neighbor who comes in and out all hours and then pukes violently at 4 am, you will hear every bit of it.

I can confidently say we will never be returning.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

We appreciate your feedback Chrystal L. I will bring your feedback to the attention of the Food and Beverage managers. We are working towards a solution to better accommodate our non smoking guest. I'm sorry for your experience that your family had here. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

As a snowbird heading back to Canada, I called the day prior to my arriving at the Railroad Pass Hotel to book a room. When I arrived, I was told that there was no room booked under my name.

As the two staff checked further, they found that they had made a mistake and booked for the night before and had charged my credit card.

The problem now was that I was quoted $67.50 for a regular non-smoking room. Upon arrival, I was told that there were only suites available and that my new rate would be $115.00.

When I suggested that the mistake was on their part and that they should honour the price I was quoted - even if was a suite. I was told - No Way.

We ended up refusing the higher priced room and found a nice room at the Hawthorn in Henderson. Nicer room - friendly staff and only $65.00.

The Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino has lost us a customer in their gaming section, their restaurant and their rooms.

Terrible attitude here - look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victor H
ReneeR1931, Manager at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank You Victor H for your feedback. We are extremely sorry for your experience you had regarding your reservation. There seems to be great misunderstanding and I have taken measures to make sure that this is taking care of. We take pride in taking the best care of our customers. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

all i can say having never stayed at the hotel if it is clean like the casino area,then I have no doubt the rooms are clean too. and the staff ever so helpful.parking is a breeze. they have most of my favorite machines too.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whitney3

Thank You for your feed back we appreciate it. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to seeing you again.!