“Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Green Valley Ranch Resort. I feel very comfortable with my children and the pool is perfect for them. The sandy beach area is great for my daughter. She loves it. The staff was wonderful and always help full. We will return in the summer. Thank you Green Valley.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Green Vally Ranch was a great resort! We stay a full week in a condo but we came in a day early and needed a room for one night. The place was well cared for and clean. The grounds were beautiful and the restaurants were great. The resort fee that was charged was
the only drawback but there is nothing you can do about that. But remember if you are staying more than one night the resort fee is a nightly fee. I would recommend this resort to all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Browning2000
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The service was incredible, the pool was amazing, and everything at the resort was fantastic!!

Upon arrival, we were informed that our room was not ready (we arrived 3 hours before check in time), but that we could check our luggage at the desk and explore the hotel (and they would call when our room was ready). We checked our bags and explored the huge hotel before settling in at one of the cabanas near the pool. As we relaxed, servers came around asking if we needed anything. The view from the pool area was great, and we ended up taking a nap on the couch in the cabana until we got the call that our room was ready.

The room was large and well kept. The bathroom was very clean, and I enjoyed their being both a tub and a shower, with the toilet in a separate room. The bell boy brought up our luggage upon request and let us know about all the amenities available to us.

Overall a fantastic experience. I would go back in a heartbeat!! Worth every penny!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley L
Reviewed 30 March 2012

All staff was friendly and helpful. The decor is Southwest or, oddly, Old South. I could have been in Santa Barbara or Arizona or New Orleans or on Sea Island. Very serene atmosphere. Corridors are pretty, and rooms are quite roomy and comfortable, with the trademark (Red Rock has them, too) headboard reading lamps that all hostelries should have.
We had comps for the buffet, so used it exclusively, except once when we ordered take-out at the Grand Cafe coffee shop. The food at both was delicious.

The pool area was pleasant, with a beach and a great view of the distant Strip. There's also a Regal Cinema onsite. We took in a movie, and the stadium seating, screen and sound were perfect.

Now for the problems: If you self-park you face a hike through the huge casino to the hotel. We opted for the hotel valet and were glad to tip, as we could call down, and the car would be waiting. It was fortunate that our neighbors went to bed when we did, because the sound insulation is not the best. Like another reviewer we experienced room service remains in the corridor all day long. (In fairness, many hotels are guilty of this.) Also, if you're in a far wing, be prepared for a long, involved route between your room and the casino, which, alas, is the smokiest hotel casino I've been to in Vegas. My eyes were smarting long after we checked out. And though I don't consider myself stingy, $28 for two daiquiris plus tip poolside seemed a bit much. Oh well, the girls were pretty and friendly, which eased the sting.

The resort is located next to an upscale outdoor mall, which is nice to stroll, at sundown. There's a PF Chang's and Lucille's BBQ at the end.

We stayed midweek, so the Resort was uncrowded, and rates were reasonable. When it's crowded, with all the stress on the system that entails, the problems may escalate. The 3-star reviews have many of the same "cons," which suggests they're not just bad timing. Nevertheless, we rated GVR 4-stars subjectively, based on a thoroughly good time.

Room Tip: West tower is fresher but more of a hike to casino. Even numbers overlook the quiet front, odd numb...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank luvtheworld
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed as GVR after purchasing a voucher through Travel Zoo. The room was pre-payed (along with a $50 hotel credit) for $99.00 per night. This did not include tax and nightly resort fee. We decided to add 1 more night before we arrived and I called and was given a $107 per night rate that included buffet breakfast for 2 the morning of check out.

Upon arrival to hotel (which was beautiful BTW) we went to the front desk. It was aprox. 2:45 and we knew check in was not until 3:00. The lady at the next was actually quite rude and my BF who usually doesn't say much even added condesending!! She tried to say we had 2 reservations for the week-end and was actually arguing with us. I think we would know if we booked 2 reservations. We had called hotel directly so wasn't the matter of a computer clich either. I had read on this site doing research that you wanted to ask for pool or strip view so I did. I was told the hotel is booked for the night. I said well it is only 2:45 and I am sure not everyone has checked in yet so in less you have assigned each guest a specific room? She made some comment about having booked through Travel Zoo. I think I am still a paying customer? Anyway our room wasn't ready she told us. Which room is that, the room that you dont know if I can have a pool or strip view? I asked to just see if it could be done thats all. So she said they would call us when room ready.

That was OK because BF needed to get to sports book as is was March madness and I was starving. Bell hops were awesome. Stowed our luggage and were very friendly. Went to the cafe which was almost empty and food was decent. Recieved call that room was ready. Went back to lobby and recieved keys. Room was truly about a 6-7 minute walk away. Up 2 elevaters, different part of the hotel down 2 long hallways..about as far away from casino and lobby as you can get..and guess what my view was? Thats right, a parking structure and the freeway. Nice.. Anyways room was nice sans the ancient TV set. Bell hop brought luggage in about 5 minutes. Was very funny and stated that the mini bar in this wing was not monitored so feel free to move things around etc. Toilet ran but just shaking the handle stopped it, no biggie.

I like slot machines and was mildly disappointed that most of the slots were penney. Hope the rest of Vegas is not going that route. BF actually had good luck at the black jack table.

Pool area was great. Not like most hotels where you have to run at 9:00 am to get a chair or you are out of luck. Beware of the $$ drinks, with tip it was $16 a piece for a daiquiri. Very laid back but the water was ice cold. Nobody swam. It was actually funny to watch people put feet in water and jump.

We ate at Chinese place and it was so-so. Tides was a great value and pretty decent. Ate at Terra Verde and it was way over priced and the $44 Veal Parmesan was just that a slab of meat..no vegie no garnish etc I dont mind paying for a decent meal but that was for 1 appetizer, 2 salads, 2 glasses of wine, 2 mixed drinks and 2 dinners for $190. Breakfast Buffet for $5 is a pretty good value. A lot of locals were there. Also saw a movie which was a cheaper 2 1/2 hours than the slots!!

So the day of check out we went down for breakfast and came back to room about 10:00 AM. Check out was at 12:00. Both of our room keys had been deactivated. Now we had just hiked from the casino and now had to go back to lobby..sigh..When we got there the front desk clerk didn't apologize, didn't say screw you, nothing just "ID please". Ok not his fault probably but at least pretend to give a Damn.

Back down for the check out and same guy askes if we would like to leave it on the same CC. We asked to see the print out and low and behold our pre payed rooms had been charged again and we did not recieve the $50.00 credit. The guy says "no, our records show you didn't pay". Well in order to purchase the voucher we had to pay up front. It wasn't even for a specific day we had to call and make our own reservations after we purchased it. So then he asks for the voucher which they had already had taken at check in. Well long story short after about a half hour he finally said it was worked out and they would credit our CC and send us a email showing the details. We said "no we want a detailed bill prior to leaving and getting on a plane". He did print what our charges should be but as of the next morning no email or CC credit so we had to call hotel again. Stay tuned!!

All in all the resort was very nice and was better than the strip in most aspects. Except for the front desk staff everyone else was very nice and, really seemed to go out of the their way to make you feel welcome. I am pretty sure the first desk clerk gave us that room on purpose but what do you do? I did Email the resort about the treatment of the front desk staff but as of yet have not heard anything back. BTW the shuttle leaves the airport every 2 hours so that did not work for us. Also leaves hotel every 2 hours and as we had such a long check out process that didn't work either. Cab was about $30 to airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brittally
Michelle G, Director of Hotel Operations at Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for the very honest and specific feedback! I was so very dissappointed to read about some of your experiences at our resort, but we value your comments and appreciate the opportunity to follow up. Travelzoo is an important partner to us, and I assure you that we welcome and appreciate all guests who find us on that chanel! Your experience is not indicative of our service promise, and I would welcome the opportunity to personally speak with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK