Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Good value for the special price.

My husband & I spent 1 night at CalNeva, Crystal Bay on a Travelzoo special. It was a really good... read more

Reviewed 5 June 2013
Giovanna B
Incline Village, Nevada
Once great, now in renovation

For years this place was the queen of Lake Tahoe. For the last few decades it’s been a run down... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2018
mes227
Incline Village, Nevada
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The tour of this resort, formerly owned by Frank Sinatra, is not to be missed. The guide had many stories about gangsters, Kennedys, movie stars as she took us for a look at the underground tunnels and pointed out who stayed in what cabin. Lots of fun!

Date of experience: September 2012
1  Thank egails
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I had to stay at the place because my original Hotel was oversold. Honestly a depressing place. Very run down. Old furniture. Worn out fixtures. Stains all over the furniture. I will admit that it was somewhat clean and the views are tremendous. Stayed in a suite on the main floor and the sunrise and sunset was stunning!

Date of experience: September 2012
2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Cal Neva has seen better days. The casino is temporarily closed. The pool was drained (in August!) and the tunnel tour was more speculative than historical.

Date of experience: August 2012
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Not sure what this place is about. We were taveling around the lake and thought we would stop in tp play around and see about an ice cold drink. It was a real hot day. We only saw a few machines and it almost looked closed. Noone at the desk even said hello or acknowledged us so we left.

Date of experience: July 2012
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We booked as part of our honeymoon trip from Vegas to San Francisco as we were intrigued by it's history, it was owned by Sinatra as a retreat for him and his buddies! However we were disappointed with the overall appearance, maintenance is clearly not top priority as one lift was out all week and the pool (one reason we booked) was closed for the summer for repair....clearly to save money in my opinion.
The room was nice and the view fantastic, we were on the 9th floor, and the service was OK when we needed anything (although one clerk had no idea what I meant when I asked for a pay phone!) The food in the restaurant was great although it was empty and waiting to close at 9pm. Don't book expecting a casino either as a dozen slots will no doubt disappoint.
We enjoyed the tour with stories of Sinatra and Monroe staying but without a buyer or investment soon this place will no doubt close within 12 months.....a big shame as it could be a great hotel, I hope it survives!

1  Thank Scotttaylor1803