“historically worth the visit!”
Review of Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino - CLOSED

Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The range of reviews tell it all...this place is in the eye of the beholder. Some see a rundown has-been they can't wait to leave while others get caught up in its throwback kitchy charm while trying to imagine what those days were like when A-list celebrities roved its hall and tunnels. For the money its a good value with a prime location, large rooms and generally good repair. Keep your expectations in check and take it for what it is. Even my wife, who's as fussy as they come about cleanliness, had no complaints. Sit a spell in the old ballroom and let it wash over you.

2  Thank M102Enterprise_FL

Reviewed 2 June 2012

nice hotel, my mother loved it when we wend. nice quite casino. not buy like the hussle and bussle of Las Vegas. You can actually win and not worry about someone knocking you over your head and taking your money. nice place.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Went for dinner on Tuesday night and discovered dining room was only open for breakfast. We could have had dinner in the bar. No thanks. On previous dining room visits, the food was always yummy but we do not consider fine dining in a bar. Frank Sinatra would turn over in his grave if he saw how few patrons this place now gets.

2  Thank MIAMISHEILA
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Sharon Slater was an awesome wedding coordinator & has always been awesome throughout the wedding process! She treated me with a lot of care & put my needs first. She was always there and available when I needed her. She gave my friends and family the best service to reach there needs if something was needed. On the wedding day, she organized everything for me the way I wanted and asked her to. Her staff gave us the best service. It was a very warming and heartfelt experience. The sites of the cal neva are gorgeous and we just had the most fun ever. I was so relaxed that I danced the entire time at my wedding! I definitely recommend the Cal Neva Resort for a great party and especially a wedding! Great time, great fun - go to Cal Neva Resort and have Sharon Slater do your wedding! By the.way the food was delicious at my wedding!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I have visited this place a few times, and as sad as it is to say... this place is now a dump.

The hotel is rundown both on the exterior and interior. The vibe of the hotel is that nobody cares about anything, or anyone, including the guests. There was dirt on the floor, cracks in the mirrors, graffitti in the upohstery, and blood in the elevator! (Please view the pictures, this is no exageration!)

I also think it's one of the only hotels that DOES NOT have a casino. After the new ownership of the hotel, the website claimed that they got their gambling license back, however, upon arrival I was shocked to find a empty lobby, with about 6 slot machines.

My experience over this last New Years was terrible. On NYE they were holding a rave at the hotel (which they made no reference to when I was making reservations a few weeks prior, or happen to mention on their website.) Upon checking in the girl argued with me that it was a "dubstep festival," and the clientele that checked into the hotel were shady and underage. It felt like a college dorm, with underage kids running down the halls drinking and smoking weed and doing drugs.

The worst part is... is that the hotel didn't have control over anything. We asked several times for security to be sent to our floor to break up a belligerent fight that was happening in the hallway around 3am... they assured me several times that someone would come and help. No such luck, and the partying finally ended around 6am.

Besides the rave, it was still a terrible place to stay with terrible service. No one takes care of the place, trash stays out, cracked and smudged mirrors in the lobby, empty beer and wine bottles left outside by the gazebo.

Not family friendly at all.

We spent most of our time up the street at the Biltmore casino.

I will not be staying here again. Nope, no way.

3  Thank Rebbecky