“Warning. Such a dump.”
Review of Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino - CLOSED

Cal-Neva Resort Spa & Casino
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I have visited this place a few times, and as sad as it is to say... this place is now a dump.

The hotel is rundown both on the exterior and interior. The vibe of the hotel is that nobody cares about anything, or anyone, including the guests. There was dirt on the floor, cracks in the mirrors, graffitti in the upohstery, and blood in the elevator! (Please view the pictures, this is no exageration!)

I also think it's one of the only hotels that DOES NOT have a casino. After the new ownership of the hotel, the website claimed that they got their gambling license back, however, upon arrival I was shocked to find a empty lobby, with about 6 slot machines.

My experience over this last New Years was terrible. On NYE they were holding a rave at the hotel (which they made no reference to when I was making reservations a few weeks prior, or happen to mention on their website.) Upon checking in the girl argued with me that it was a "dubstep festival," and the clientele that checked into the hotel were shady and underage. It felt like a college dorm, with underage kids running down the halls drinking and smoking weed and doing drugs.

The worst part is... is that the hotel didn't have control over anything. We asked several times for security to be sent to our floor to break up a belligerent fight that was happening in the hallway around 3am... they assured me several times that someone would come and help. No such luck, and the partying finally ended around 6am.

Besides the rave, it was still a terrible place to stay with terrible service. No one takes care of the place, trash stays out, cracked and smudged mirrors in the lobby, empty beer and wine bottles left outside by the gazebo.

Not family friendly at all.

We spent most of our time up the street at the Biltmore casino.

I will not be staying here again. Nope, no way.

3  Thank Rebbecky

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have been here on many of occasions lately, and each time I am seriously disappointed. Staff to lazy to provide billiards, they would rather sit around and talk to each other. On another occasion, staff refused to let a friend in I into the establishment during a show for no apparent reason. When we stepped aside in shock the staff person allowed others in who were clearly minors. No bartender at night, no gaming, no billiards, no spa... there is nothing to go here for.

2  Thank Amberhair
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Incredible views from the upgraded rooms. A bargain.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

rooms were stuffy,but the sports bars was great. not much gambling here,but close by. the view was wonderful. In it's day,it was probable terrific. food was very good.the photos on the wall were fun to look at.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 December 2011

For $100 as of 12-2011, you get a very big room with a nice lake view in a full service hotel.

We had ate at the restaurant a few times which has average food quality, but this was our first stay. We normally stay at the Crown Ferrari in Kings Beach, but they had raised their rates and this was a much better deal.

The central heating was totally quiet and the beds were comfortable. The shower occasionally fluctuated in temperature, but it was not a big deal.