“Very nice ham and eggs”

North Point Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tow Law
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 19
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As we were staying in the area we popped in for tea and had the ham & eggs and the pork loin, both of which were very nice. Freshly cooked chipped potatoes and the vegetables were okay.
The desserts were disappointing though. Staff were efficient and the meal cost £33.20 including drinks.

1  Thank 938fjg
Christoper L, Manager at North Point Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you 938fjg for taking the time to leave us another review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your main courses. With reference to your comments about the dessert, I will certainly look into this as we pride ourselves on offering great food and service at all times.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Tow Law is not somewhere that immediately springs to mind if you're looking for a decent Sunday lunch. We were visiting a friend in the village yesterday, and we booked into North Point for a bit of scran. This was straight forward Sunday fayre, but it was delicious. My companions each ordered a "small" dinner, neither of them finished it, and not because they weren't enjoying it. They informed me that the chicken was delicious, and the beef certainly seemed to melt off the fork. Many local pubs only serve traditional Sunday dinner on Sundays, there is no other choice. What I liked about it was that they do give you a couple of alternatives, including scampi. I went for the homemade steak pie. It was served with lashings of mushy peas, roasties, mashed potatoes. My companions were served with an equally large plate of veg. There was plenty of gravy, but the helpful member of staff immediately offered us more when she heard us complaining that there wasn't enough -- we were having a daft joke between ourselves. All the service was excellent. Polite, friendly, helpful, but never in our faces. The place was full, it seems that many others have latched on this place.
Is it up there with Micheal Roux? I actually have eaten in one of his restaurants. All I can say is that it was one of the most delicious meals I've had. The steak in my pie was plentiful and tender. My friends each had the prawn cocktail starter, and I went for egg mayonnaise. Again, a limited menu on a Sunday, but more choice than provided by the majority of village pubs on this day of the week.

Finally. The bill for three people, three starters, three mains, two pints of soft drink and one pint of Stella came to £37. Not much more than if I had dished this up at home. I thoroughly recommend it here, a lovely friendly pub - excellent prices. Definitely my first choice from now on, even if it does mean a bit of a drive. Well worth it.

2  Thank 123Tammy9

Wow, thank you so much 123tammy9 for the wonderful review.

We are delighted you had such a great time with us for Sunday Lunch. We are always happy to see such positive feedback on what we do here at The North Point Hotel. Especially in such detail.

We look forward to your return to us.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

This is our local and we love it. Great pint and excellent food. We eat here regularly as it's so reasonably priced and huge portions. I love the parmo. Hubby loves the steak pie. Friendly pub and we see hotel customers coming back time and time again and they end up one of the locals.

Thank you lesley222b for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are delighted that you “love the Parmo”.

We hope to see you both soon.

Thanks once again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The brownest meal I've ever had. Steak pie, chips and onion rings with a £2 pint of North Point Bitter all for £9.50.

Simple and tasty fare. Nothing pretentious but good value and filling, in a nice friendly restaurant. Really nice.

Thank you DRB380 for leaving us a review.

We are delighted to hear your review on our ever popular Homecooked Steak Pie.

We hope to see you again.

Thanks once again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is a fab family run place with excellent staff & atmosphere. I've just enjoyed a belly busting mixed grill, my wife had a superb steak.
The portions are generous & the food cooked to perfection. The new menu includes two side orders when ordering from the grill offering fantastic value.
A regular fixture from now on and worth a trip out!

Christoper L, Manager at North Point Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Good afternoon Paul E and thank you for taking the time out to leave us such a fantastic review.

It's always great to hear feedback like this.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Kind regards