“Maria's for Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I enjoyed a good meal at Maria's. Even though I grew up in Ralston, I have lived out of town for the past 29 years. I met some family members there on a Tuesday night and enjoyed their Special of 2 beef tacos (or chicken) for a very reasonable price of $4.99-$5.99. The shells are very good and are a cross between a soft croissant and taco shell - fluffy and full of taco goodness. They also have a special on Mexican Beer of $2.00 off regular price. I will be back to Maria's again for the great food and maybe next time a Cerveza or dos???

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Fantastic food - Super fast service. We came with another couple on a busy Friday night at 7PM. Had to wait for about 20 minutes, but the bar area was available for a quick pre-meal cocktail (for those of us not driving). Seating is well spread out, not overly crowded. Even though we were close to the kitchen, there wasn't a lot of noise coming from there. The over all noise level in the restaurant was loud and made table conversation a bit difficult. We had dishes from all over the menu beginning with beef nachos and also queso. The flour chips with the queso are certainly a winner. Surf and turf tacos, enchilada plate, and the burrito plate were all well portions. Rice and refried beans very tasty. Although the place was packed the entire time we were there our server was super attentive and always there to meet any need.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Really crowded on a Friday night. The place was very loud. The food was OK but nothing special. Very expensive for the quality.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Tamales with chilli green sauce and margaritas we're excellent. Service was great and don't miss this opportunity to have a fun family evening dining out.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Okay, you know I'm from Texas, right? On a visit, my native Nebraskan friend wanted me to try Maria's. We stopped in to pick up her take out order. I enjoyed a very good margarita on the rocks, sitting out on the patio, while it was being prepared. Service was super friendly. The place has a nice vibe, but we were there very early before it got crowded. The order was nachos and beef tacos. Bottom line is it tasted darn good, even if it's not a south-westerner's idea of a taco or nachos. The tacos are big, hand-filling folds of a fried, tender, flavorful tortilla that is more like an empanada. The yummy ground beef and cheese filled the taco, taking two hands to enjoy. The salsa on the side was needed to bring it up to the flavor level I like. These may not be my idea of a taco, per se, but I sure enjoyed them. Two will make you keel over. I like nachos covered in jalapeños, so these were not to my taste (and not my order), so it would be unfair to pass judgment, but I can vouch for size and heft.