“Pretty Bland”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Really crowded on a Friday night. The place was very loud. The food was OK but nothing special. Very expensive for the quality.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Tamales with chilli green sauce and margaritas we're excellent. Service was great and don't miss this opportunity to have a fun family evening dining out.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Okay, you know I'm from Texas, right? On a visit, my native Nebraskan friend wanted me to try Maria's. We stopped in to pick up her take out order. I enjoyed a very good margarita on the rocks, sitting out on the patio, while it was being prepared. Service was super friendly. The place has a nice vibe, but we were there very early before it got crowded. The order was nachos and beef tacos. Bottom line is it tasted darn good, even if it's not a south-westerner's idea of a taco or nachos. The tacos are big, hand-filling folds of a fried, tender, flavorful tortilla that is more like an empanada. The yummy ground beef and cheese filled the taco, taking two hands to enjoy. The salsa on the side was needed to bring it up to the flavor level I like. These may not be my idea of a taco, per se, but I sure enjoyed them. Two will make you keel over. I like nachos covered in jalapeños, so these were not to my taste (and not my order), so it would be unfair to pass judgment, but I can vouch for size and heft.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend the made from scratch and margaritas. They are made just right. The red sauce for your entrée and chips, is the perfect consistency and blend of spice. I always get the beef burrito with brown gravy and the cheese and enchilada. We always order the bean dip as an appetizer and my son loves their grilled cheese!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I have been going to Marias for many years and I like that they remodeled but its so loud that its hard to talk at all inside and out. Something has changed as this was the first time I did not think the food was as good..its just seems so rushed about everything in there..They have the best tacos but the shell was so dry it was hard to swallow..its like they ran out of oil. I wish they would make improvements.