La Quinta Inn & Suites North Platte
US$ 89
US$ 78
Husker Inn(North Platte)
US$ 69
All reviewsfenced areaa pet friendly hoteloff leashgas stationtraveling with petswafflessmall dognice hotelallow petsfresh cookieswe've stayedroom was cleanstaff was friendlya great place to stayoff the highwaythe breakfast areafirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This place just smells bad, is over priced, and has more dogs than any place I've ever stayed. There seem to be other places to stay in north platte. I can't believe this is so highly rated. I will avoid other La Quintas because of my unpleasant stay here. Indifferent staff. Dogs everywhere. Weird disinfectant smell upon entering. Really overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Agikamik
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We needed a hotel on our way to/from Colorado and this was a great choice. During both visits the staff were friendly, kids had fun at the pool, and the included breakfast was a plus for our family. Our room was very clean (and I am extremely picky about this point!!!).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TamiT2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Other chain hotels in the are were either full or extremely high priced when I came through the area so I decided to check the La Quinta. These properties have served me well in other cities so I knew I wouldn't be roughing it. This property did not disappoint. The hotel was very clean and the price was very reasonable (under $100). The location is one exit east of the main drag but its still only a two minute drive to get to that area. Golf course near by is a nice bonus.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Needed a place for just a night during a cross country trip, hotel has a nice location just off I80.

The hotel itself is a little dated, but that does not phase me, so long as room is clean and we get some sleep. Thought the room could have been cleaner...not sure if it was more maintence than cleanliness (tub needed to be re-caulked, shower looked a little worn...). Agree with other reviewers that rooms were stuffy, humid.

Standard breakfast fare, opens at 6 am, which is adequate for the early riser.

Compared with other similar hotels on the I 80 corridor, I thought it was a little pricey for what we got.

All that said, we still got a great night sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor ratings and am very pleased with it. So I don't understand a couple of recent ratings. For example, "The properties (La Quinta) all seem old and run-down...". One of the first things I was going to say about this La Quinta is how new and modern it seems to be!! Everything I saw was clean, the lobby, the nice breakfast area, our room. Our receptionist was pleasant and efficient. The breakfast was standard but just fine. They had some homemade oatmeal with raisins and apples in it and my wife and I both enjoyed it--nice additional touch. As for the no smoking signs supposedly "in your face", I'm typing this review on the extra large desk in my room and must confess I've not seen even one sign warning about the smoking policy. Of course, I'm a guy so I suppose it's possible I'm not paying enough attention. Anyway, all I can say is that my wife and I would stay here again in a heartbeat and wish all our hotels were as good as this one. We take a two- or three-week driving vacation almost every fall so we stay in 15 or 20 different hotels every year. La Quinta as a chain doesn't particularly impress me. But this specific hotel in North Platte is an exception--it's worth the money!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family