“Nice hotel! So I don't understand...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites North Platte
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor ratings and am very pleased with it. So I don't understand a couple of recent ratings. For example, "The properties (La Quinta) all seem old and run-down...". One of the first things I was going to say about this La Quinta is how new and modern it seems to be!! Everything I saw was clean, the lobby, the nice breakfast area, our room. Our receptionist was pleasant and efficient. The breakfast was standard but just fine. They had some homemade oatmeal with raisins and apples in it and my wife and I both enjoyed it--nice additional touch. As for the no smoking signs supposedly "in your face", I'm typing this review on the extra large desk in my room and must confess I've not seen even one sign warning about the smoking policy. Of course, I'm a guy so I suppose it's possible I'm not paying enough attention. Anyway, all I can say is that my wife and I would stay here again in a heartbeat and wish all our hotels were as good as this one. We take a two- or three-week driving vacation almost every fall so we stay in 15 or 20 different hotels every year. La Quinta as a chain doesn't particularly impress me. But this specific hotel in North Platte is an exception--it's worth the money!

Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is the second La Quinta hotel we have stayed in the last 2 weeks and I can honestly say I will not be staying at any others. The properties all seem old and run-down, the tvs are old, air conditioners are old. This particular hotel is out of town and not around anything. I can't believe this is a non-smoking hotel but yet they don't mind 3 dogs checking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This was our second stay at this location and while the staff was very pleasant and the room was clean we did have an issue. My husband is a smoker and he never has any problem with going outside to smoke, he has never smoked in a hotel room. We understand that this is a 100% non-smoking hotel. Most are anymore and I personally appreciate it. But is really not necessary to post 10 signs in the lobby and then 5 more in your room. Threaten you with a $250 fine if they discover that you have smoked in the room. I mean come on, that is overkill.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I feel a little bad about writing a negative review as I don't see any really negative reviews on Trip Advisor for this particular hotel. Since I have never stayed in this hotel or a La Quinta for that matter, I don't really know what I am comparing it to. However; this place was charging around the same rate as some of the other upscale roadside hotels so I was expecting a lot. The high rate may be due to the Nebraska game the following day. The only real thing that bothered me about the place is our room did not smell very good. Our room had that smell of a place that had just been steam cleaned to get rid of something really bad smelling and it felt stuffy. Based on some of the other reviews it could have been due to the pets, but I cannot say that I was smelling urine. Plus there were just a few small spots of obvious mold in the shower, so that just seemed to creep us out a little. These could easily be wiped out with some bleach if they would inspect more closely. We arrived very late at night and if my family didn't crash immediately, I would have asked for another room. Since most of the other reviews are really positive, this could definitely be an isolated case.

2  Thank LargeManMike
lq0821gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites North Platte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

This must have been an isolated incident as I have not heard any negative comments about this problem. Our staff is very good about watching these sort of things and take care of troubles as they arise. Thank you for your comments as they only help make us a better more profecient property.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We often stay in LaQuintas as we travel with our dogs. This location was exceptionally nice. Aimee, who checked us in, was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great surprise--the best we've ever had in a LQ!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple