“Late breakfast Weekday Morning ”

The Downtown Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Norfolk
Description: This was a great coffee shop with an outdoor courtyard as well. They had good sandwiches and friendly service as well.
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Wanted to find a local breakfast place as my family minus my hubby are big breakfast eaters. Seat yourself, waitress was a little slow to attend at first. Coffee was good but not a kid friendly place as it probably wouldn't be for a coffee shop. Very small menu, again it's a coffee shop. Food was great, refilled hubby's coffee then the waitress disappeared until we went to the counter to pay our tab. Good thing I know how to make a cup of joe at home because that's exactly what I did!
I was pleasantly surprised at this little treasure in a small town. Atmosphere was
great & would be a better place for a cup of joe with a friend. I was still confused on the free wifi but suppose I will find that the next time I visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

I have been there numerous times and have never been disappointed. Great staff and great coffee, Latte's, lunch. Extremely kept very clean.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

Just about every Wednesday morning I stop in for a cup of coffee and and visit with friends. Always looking at what is being offered with a friendly and courteous staff. Meals are well prepared. Excellent location for a business meeting, there is enough privacy, and the WiFi connection is very good.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We needed coffee while in Norfolk and no Starbucks. Plus we needed a healthy, decent breakfast. We drove around until we spotted The Downtown Coffee Company on West Norfolk Avenue. What a nice surprise. The food was good according to my husband and it looked good. Since I am gluten intolerant, I know that most places in the Midwest and South cannot handle those requirements. However, they were kind and wanted to help so I took two boiled eggs that I said I would peel myself. I put my own breakfast bar with it and I was good to go. They were very kind and wanted to help. Some places are rude about it, but at The Downtown Coffee Company they were very nice. The atmosphere was also very pleasant and many friends were meeting there. This was a very nice change from the processed, fast food places in the rural Midwest. This was breath of fresh air with good coffee and good food.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing. The courtyard made me feel like I was in New Orleans--flowers in bloom, good music. The food was tasty. I had salad one day--excellent home made dressing and egg salad the next. Not your usual mayonnaise loaded sandwich. My only complaint is that the waitress, who was very nice, did not tell me of the special--which was half a sandwich and some soup that looked delicious when it was brought to the table next to me. The specials were not posted in a prominent spot. Definitely worth the visit!

Been to The Downtown Coffee Company? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK