All reviews stayed here hi expresses room was clean good nights sleep would definitely stay here again desk clerk great breakfast beds walmart grandkids mattress midnight microwave properties nebraska
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I stayed there Friday night. Saturday night I went back home. On Sunday, I realized had little red bumps on my feet and arms. I saw on the internet some people have delayed reactions to bed bug bites. On Monday, I called the hotel and told them I think it was because of bed bugs. They said they'd get back to me within a day after they had the bug people inspect. They did not, and, frankly with the customer service I and other reviewers witnessed, I don't expect them to.

I won't go into further detail-I have other complaints, but all pale in comparison to the itchy bumps I now have! If you stay here, be sure to inspect your room throughly for signs of bed bugs before you settle in (I did not.)

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank artemis021
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We only stayed one night, but regret it. Customer service is severely lacking. When we registered, she basically asked for my ID, gave us our key and that was it. OK, not a good welcome. We found our room eventually, not impressed. There was no "welcome" book with info re: the local area (restaurants, sights to see, etc...) or re: the hotel itself! No info whatsoever. We also noticed in trying to find an info page/packet that all drawers were completely empty, not even a Bible. We were told on the website it had free Wi-Fi, but we could not connect. Out of frustration, I attempted to call the front desk, but then realized the phone did not work! It had a busy signal sound all night long! Also, in jiggling the phone cords, etc..., trying to get it to stop beeping, I saw behind the bed and around the nightstand cobwebs and bugs! Yuck! I finally walked down to the front desk to ask about the Wi-Fi, which she then gave me a code, no apology, and then I told her about the phone not working and she told me I should have called them! Really?!!! How was that going to happen since it didn't work and I certainly did not have the front desk on my cell phone! Needless to say, she admonished me for not calling them to report it, and then said she would send someone down. Well, I don't know if that happened because by the time we checked out at noon, they still had not arrived. We did go down for breakfast and was sorely disappointed. The orange juice tasted worse than bug spray, most of the that was out was not fresh and the woman who was responsible for the area was very unfriendly, and snappy when asked anything. We were there at 8:30 a.m., it's open till 10, yet very poorly stocked. There is a pool, cold, and no hot tub, they have filled it in with concrete. I gave this a "2" rating, only because of it's location as it located in a very convenient part of town, just off the highway.

Room tip: Just don't.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Plenty of parking
Large rooms and comfortable beds
Have a tub to soak in
The breakfast is the standard spread and some fresh fruits
Pleasant staff and checking process

Overall a solid stay
No issues and will consider when in the area

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We stayed 2 nights (not consecutive) at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We booked a suite with two beds since we had 3 adults staying in the room. So, this review encompasses two different dates (five days apart) and two different rooms (same layout, different floors).

The halls throughout this hotel have a “funky,” distasteful odor. The bathrooms in both rooms had sticky floors and marks on the tub floor and counters that just gave them an unclean appearance.

First room had an adequate bed, the second room the mattress was completely hollowed out in the center and needs to be replaced!!

Small kitchenette in both rooms, and a “den/office” space. Rooms were dark with insufficient lighting.

Overall, not “WOW’ed” by this property and would not voluntarily elect to stay here again unless they made some major upgrades.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dubnerw
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed with 2 adults and 3 children October 20-22, 2017.
Urine and pubic hair greeted us in the bathroom when we walked in. Dead bugs in the bathroom light. Black mold in shower and behind sink on wallpaper. We were in room #205. No tissues in empty dispenser, room had Keurig but no coffee to go in it. Not even a decaf cup. No cups just 2 tea bags. Half drank beer in refrigerator my young son found! He asked if he could have some pop! YIKES.
Pool was ice cold- not heated as advertised. Bottom had black gravel pieces and bugs floating. Some type of beetle. Hot tub signs still up and sensor or the wall to turn jets on- but hot tub itself was filled in with cement and is gone. Man setting in hallway smoking when I went to get Ice. Went down to breakfast at 9:35am and out of kids cereal, no milk left either and pancake batter was out. Asked for refill of batter and she told me “if you don’t see it, we don’t have it. breakfast is over”. It really doesn’t end until 10:00am. We went to McDonald’s instead across the street. Horrible experience. To top it off- the day we drove home, 9 hour drive the hotel calls and asks if I took their pillow? Really......who would take a nasty hotel pillow? We brought our own pillows in fact as NOT to have to use theirs. They claim the pillow count was off and charged me $50 for a missing pillow. Really - craziest thing I ever heard. Please save your money and the stress of staying here. It’s a real nightmare.

Date of stay: October 2017