“just okay”

Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket
Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here numerous times I would quit but my husband likes it better than other choices in the area. I have a very sensitive nose so....when walking into this property I feel almost assaulted by the sickeningly sweet smell that is piped into the lobby and bar area. The lobby is lovely with a nice friendly bar....but I really can’t stand the smell so having out there is not for me. Check in was fine as we had checked in on the app so all was well. We arrived about 4 PM during the week between Christmas and New Years. I thought the elevator needed a quick vacuuming to spruce up the look of the place. In addition, the floor on the 4th floor hallway needed to be vacuumed as well. Our room was #407. Again, my nose was at work. There was definitely a mildew smell in the room. My husband who can’t smell a darn thing even noticed it. Yes, we should have asked for a different room...but instead we opened the window and turned off the heat as we would be out for the evening. The outdoor temp was below zero. Came back....room was cold but at least a bit fresher in smell. I did mention it to the front desk on the way out....so maybe it will be better for the next guest. Check out was fine....and no doubt we will stay there again....excellent location!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Aaron S, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Hello SageGirl2015,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your previous stay with us. We are so sorry that you experienced this issue when you were here. We always encourage guests to alert us right away if there is an issue with there room so that we can have the opportunity to fix the situation before its to late. We apologize if there was a musty smell due to the Heater/Ptac Unit in your room which can be fixed immediately. Again, we are so sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations during this stay and we hope that you give us another chance to prove to you that we are best Hotel in Lincoln, NE.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We are Marriott gold members and were not happy with our stay. The front desk seemed indifferent to any requests. They had no upgrade option for us which I understand can happen but she didn't act like she even cared. The bed/pillows were uncomfortable, we had to request lotion, no body wash is offered, and the towel are so thin and scratchy.

The area was fantastic and the hotel was pretty and had a fire pit outside too. I liked the flavored water dispenser in the lobby. There was a strong perfume smell as soon as you walked in the lobby that I found very off-putting--like a cheap version of victoria secret lotion. Based on this stay, I would not choose Courtyard again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Aaron S, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Hello Heather N.
We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. We are so sorry that we didn't have a complimentary upgrade for you upon arrival. We cherish your loyalty as a Gold Member to the Marriott Family and thank you so much for staying with us. We will pass this information to the respected departments so that they can use this feedback appropriately.
I thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your previous stay. I hope that you will give us another chance when you are back in Lincoln so that we can prove to you that we are the absolute best Hotel in Lincoln.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Yeah right.... well it was for Fri night - Pam had to work at U of Nebraska rest of weekend. Wish I had more time for hotel amenities BUT staff was easy going, helpful, and appreciated. Great walk location for restaurants bars breweries. Always bugs though to pay for hotel parking (15/ day, 16 for valet).

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Love the location in the haymarket next door to the UNL campus. By open lobby, parking next door. Rooms are comfortable, great pillows. No safe in the room. All the employees I have encountered are wonderful. Friendly comfortable atmosphere.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

In the Haymarket District, come on a Friday night enjoy the variety of bars and restaurants nearby. Hotel itself is new and spacious. You must pay for parking though and it is expensive at $30 for valet.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple