All reviews room was clean cheap room biscuits and gravy an older hotel road trip waffles downtown desk furniture fi television nebraska mold microwave
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Our room had paint peeling from the ceiling in both the bedroom and bathroom. In addition, it had a "funky" smell...kind of moldy. On the upside, the couple that runs it were very sweet. This hotel DEFINITELY needs work and repairs. Maybe we were booked in the worst room of the building. If it weren't late at night, we should have just kept on driving rather than staying there.

G & J
Wisconsin

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

For the price, this place gets 3 stars. It would be disappointing for anyone expecting great amenities and new facility. But for the price, we found it to be comfortable and clean. The room smelled fresh and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast wasn't anything fancy, but the front desk help was very accommodating and friendly. If the price had been any higher we would have looked elsewhere, but this fit the bill for a quick overnight stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I stayed here a few times over the last few years on my visits to Lincoln, NE. I have some friends on Capitol Beach Lake and its really close to that, so that's a plus point. However room has some issues. My room had some water issues and appeared to have some mold issues as well due to some old plumbing and bathroom issues. I took some pics so you can see what I mean. It has loose and peeling paint probably due to the water and excess of humidity in the room. The AC couldn't seem to get the room any less humid on a July weekend (so imagine how steamy it could be). Overall...beds were good and did get some sleep because pretty comfy vs a Super 8 bed. But the place definitely needs some TLC. But I cant complain too much because only around 55 a night when I stayed. So...you get what you pay for; but overall it does need some work.

Room Tip: they only have 2 floors, both seemed pretty similar
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Great place to stay> clean rooms,quiet,comfortable and the staff was SUPER! Great breakfast and just a nice place to stay when a person is in town for business. Very close to everything a person needs. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Great place to stay. Room 117 is very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2016

The room itself was okay--clean, pretty comfortable beds, and a refrigerator and microwave. My husband was concerned right away about the run down exterior, but they take pets (we had two dogs) and it was late, so we stayed. Around 10:00 we took the dogs out when a vehicle pulled up and about 10 guys poured out and started going into various rooms around the hotel, obviously not a problem itself, but these rooms were all around us, there was plenty of alcohol, talk of BB guns, and we knew we were going to be in for a long night. Sane people probably would have left and tried to find another place at that point, but we had tod be up,early the next morning and drive many miles, so we went back to out room, turned the TV up, and were able to drown out the noise of partying. The next morning there were blankets on the sidewalks outside the room doors and cigarette ashes on the hood of my car--a lot, like someone has stood over my car and used the hood as an ash tray. I would pass on this hotel and stay somewhere safer.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple