“Over priced, poor customer service”
Review of Caffe Primo

Caffe Primo
Ranked #28 of 36 Restaurants in Blackwood
Reviewed 15 January 2017

We noticed the "under new management" sign in the window and were happy to give the local place another go after an absence of over a year. The advertised new menu looked appealing and we all ordered our meals. The staff were friendly and the service relatively quick.
For the group of five, we ordered two mixed grills, a ravioli, and two meals from the specials board; a veal dish in a creamy mushroom sauce and a steak salad. The mixed grills and the ravioli got the "thumbs up", the veal sauce was overly salty but still acceptable, but the steak salad was awful. The salad was fine with lots of crunchy vegetables and a complementary dressing, but the steak was sadly all fat and gristle. It really put me off my meal having to pick out the obvious lumps of fat from the dish. Very disappointing.
I complained to the very friendly waitress who called the owner over. He was polite and listened to the complaint and said he would have a word with the butcher. I pointed out that the chef should not have allowed that meal to come out of the kitchen with such a poor cut of meat. He thanked us for our feedback and as compensation offered us a complimentary coffee.
We ordered and paid for deserts and the free cappuccino was forthcoming.
Very, very disappointed at the response to our complaint where little responsibility was taken for serving a sub-standard meal. Although we do like to support our local businesses, sadly we will not be returning to this location and it has certainly put us off the chain.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I heard good things about this place but since changing of owners it's gone downhill. The place smelt like bad odor as soon as we walked in, the floor was sticky, there was rubbish and old plates left on a lot of the tables, terrible service, very average food! I asked for take home container and they charged me extra for the meal I had already paid for!! I go to 2 main caffe primo food chains near my house and I love them and no others charge for containers! but this one, has been possibility the worst experience of dining out in my life. never again!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Budget food .usually with a token . Simple stuff would highly recommend the flathead if fish and chips is your thing . Sometimes the steaks are good sometimes they are poor. Service has slacked recently seemingly due to understaffing if thats a word

Reviewed 25 July 2016

True to the franchise specifications, Primo provides a satisfying menu with sound choices. It is a reliable venue with ample parking.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Good value food with generous portions. Fast service in a family friendly restaurant. Bonus free pancake for desert. Delicious meal

Primo B, Manager at Caffe Primo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016