“Loads of Food”

China Buffet
Ranked #30 of 135 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The China Buffet is a great place to fill up on food for a moderate price. This place is packed every Friday and Saturday, starting very early in the afternoon. The local residents know, especially families, that they can bring the entire family and get their fill of some great food. So, if you like Asian mixes, freshly grilled, and all the trimmings, then this is the place to go.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I've had buffets before... and this one was run-of-the-mill. The selection was unimpressive, but the staff was friendly enough. I would find another one if I could.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

All I can say about this place is that for the price, it is not worth it. The evening I went the buffet was not well stocked, the Mongolian Grill portion had a lot of its ingredients missing and the taste of the food was very much like the food you ate before it. Nothing actually tasted like it should. I'm not real confident about the cleaning methods used and the table we had was sticky and uncomfortable

1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Visited with family at 5pm which was good because when we left at 6pm it started to get really busy on a Thursday. The food quality is good-the vegetables cooked to perfection and fresh. The buffet was kept stocked and clean.

Staff friendly and cheerful. Staff regularly removed used plates when needed. Prices were in line for the area. The surroundings were a pleasant and clean, open and cheerful.

I REALLY wanted to like this place because I could get the Mongolian BBQ vegan and my omnivore extended family could get what they want. But I found the sauces bland. I asked if the mushrooms or Teriyaki green beans on the buffet were cooked in butter,which of course is NOT authentic Chinese. I was TOLD no, got some and then 5 minutes later told the mushrooms WERE cooked with dairy.

The Teriyaki green beans were also bland, and if done right I would order just a plate of that. So everything was wonderful except the food was tasteless and FULL of oil. I could see the oil sheen on the Mongolian BBQ sauces and I guess there was just TOO MUCH oil because I woke up at midnight with a rock feeling in my stomach that kept me awake for 3 hours. So if you eat lots of grease regularly and don’t mind 120 calories per tablespoon of oil, then you’ll be fine. But I won’t be going back and am bummed.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Very busy place on a Friday night. Not a large selection of entrees but enough. Nice Mongolian grill selection. Just be careful of your sauce selection. Two in our party complained that the teriyaki sauce was too spicy when they weren't expecting any spicy. Beverage is not included in meal price. Our server was very quick to refill beverages & remove used plates.
Located in a strip mall.